LegacyGT.com

Changed 3 bulbs within 16k miles...normal?

This is my third time replacing my headlight bulbs ( 2x drivers, 1x passenger side). Should I bring my car into the dealer to check if there anything wrong? Or is this normal?

Has anyone else had to change that many times? Any recommedenation on bulb brands?

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you done HID's? You might wanna take it in and have the dealer check it out to make sure you don't have a short or something. Lamp assembly sealed and things of that nature. That is too much.

Your not touching the actualm bulbs when your putting them in are you?

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Somethings def wrong, if you have a stock set up take it to the dealer, and make them pay for the old sets of lights you bought.

If you installed hids like it was said, could be a bunch of things.....

Guest JessterCPA

I had a similar issue on my wife's old S40. We kept bringing it back to the dealer. They couldnt find what was wrong, but they replaced the bulbs under warranty.

Jesse

my girls celica blows the drivers side bulb like every 3 months!!! toyota says nothign wrong. anyways its good thing i have som any h7 bulbss laying around from other car's headlamps. that damn car has had strange electrcial problems since day one. can't wait to see it go. i can't stand being seen driving it. its such a chick car. how the hell a dude is proud to own it is beyond me. back on topic something is def not right.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I liked my Celica when I had it. The interior was really comfortable and the handling on that car was sick as well as the braking and it wasn't no slouch either. The only thing I had in mine was a RMM intake and thing did mid to high 14's depending on the launch. I also hit 141mph with it and that was redline in 5th still had 6th to go.

As a side note I never had one problem with the car for the 73k miles I had it for.

Our 97GT blew bulbs and Subaru said nothing was wrong, then two years and many bulbs later they issued a recall on the alternator saying that it could cause voltage spikes and one effect could be limiting the life of bulbs. New alternator and our 2x130/90s and 2x130s never blow now.

Hope there is not a similar - yet unknown - issue with the 05s.

"Never enough candlewatts on a dark and twisty night" :cool:

"Never enough candlewatts on a dark and twisty night" :cool:

As a flashlight enthusiast (yes, there are more weirdos like me around!), I must say that I love that quote.

:D

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

7000 miles and my driver side headlight went out. Dealer said to bring it in, it's replaced under warranty. But less than a year on a headlight doesn't sound good.

tom

tom :)

Should this be made into a sticky poll and track the blown bulbs? Our 97GT did not get the alternator recall for 2-3yrs and many bulbs later.

Yes!

I'll start a thread...

Archived