LegacyGT.com

Gauge Tech help..open to all

Fri501pm25

I got a 05LGT 5eap stage 1 AP 93 oct and a perrin lighten crank pulley....I just installed nexus boost/vac gauge and was just curious if anyone knows what vac and boost i should be hitting....idle i asume -10 vac and boost since stage 1 i figure 15/16 max.....also i been reading on the forums that some peps tapped into the bov line stating that the bov is better accurate since it sends boost/vac info to the ecu...or should i just tap in to the manifold some where.....

Couldn't tell you of your target boost values for OTS Cobb maps - I went straight from stock to custom-tune at a "Stage II" level. :( Look at Cobb's on-line documentation for the particular maps you're using, that should address it for you.

As for manifold vac, that will vary depending on ambient conditions, road conditions, as well as vehicle load.

And with respect to where to tap your line, both places that you've mentioned are acceptable and have returned with good results for LGTers. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

My stock boost was 12-12.5 psi and vac was 19-21 in hg at idle. I'm also at 6800 ft ASL. Aftermarket maps shouldn't have any affect on vacuum.

As far as where to get the signal - any line which comes from the manifold should do. If you have the option to tap the manifold for a 'private' line to read boost/vac, that'd be my preference as I believe in not sharing any vacuum/pressure source. Even though I just used the BOV line for my boost gauge.. :)

thanks for the follow up guys...i just tapped in bov and when i wot it spikes at 20psi....is my gauge busted or is off by a few psi....its weird im going to do an independent tap to so if that helps....thanks again all....

?

If your vac. is reading -10, and your boost is reading 20, you might truly be off on calibration....

Have you checked that your NEXUS is booting-up properly? It *MUST* be supplied with a power source that stays CONSTANT ON THROUGHOUT the ignition crank cycle.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ NP. :)

Just a querk of the NEXUS gauges, that's all. :) Have fun with them! :)

Archived