LegacyGT.com

KYB GR 2 struts paired with Epic or Rallitek springs

metsfan999

Does anyone have this setup for a DD? I'm looking for more comfort rather than performance. I have Konis and Epics and the ride flat out sucks over bumps and such. Thuds and bouncing around all over the place. Very uncomfortable. I'm looking for anything close to stock comfort with a slightly lower stance.

Honestly, it sounds like you don't have the Koni's set correctly for the Epics. Thuds sounds like the top hat nut is not fully threaded down and the bouncing sounds like you don't have the Koni's rebound set hard enough. I just installed GR-2s on my fiancee's 08 2.5i with Rallitek springs. They're a bit harsh as the GR-2's seem underdampened for the Ralliteks, plus they have the notorious squeeking noise (relatively easy fix tho). I have stock struts with tein h-techs with over 60k on them and they even ride more comfortable.

Did they adjust the dampening settings for you or have you touched them after the install. I'm sure they installed them correctly and figure they would've adjusted the settings for you also. Seems like something is up because everyone raves about how nice the koni/epic(eibach) setup rides. So definitely check the settings. I think 1 turn from soft is the recommended setting with epics. Not completely sure tho so search around for recommendations. As whitetiger said, going with the gr-2s will probably make things worse. But if you're dead set on swapping I'll be glad to trade you my fiancee's gr-2/rallitek setup lol.

• 3 months later...

Archived