LegacyGT.com

Anybody top this on a tank?

458.2, computer said average of 31.5 and had went from 30 miles left on tank to the -- sign. I had never taken it that low so did not realize it would not go to 20 and then to 10 and then 0, makes sense why they did that though. The mix was 30% city 70% highway with a speed limit of 55 which I stuck to by using cruise control and drifting off to la la land listening to Mike and Mike in the morning.

After filling up 15.2 gallons of gas I should have approximately had a bit less than 2 gallons left. Should have said screw it to the fuel system and ran her closer to dry and nab 500 miles.

Not going to happen again as it was torture not to run her hard in the city like I normally do and instead drive normal. It started because as a student and with my school sending me 30 miles away each day to work in a pediatric clinic I was trying to keep from having to fill up more than once a week. Amazed at how well the leggy did when I played nice.

I imagine someone here has taken a LGT to 500 miles who was willing to run the tank dry or cruised at 45mph on the interstate and managed not to get shot by the pissed off people one would be holding up :eek:

photo(1).thumb.jpg.d6b2bd3b26de5cf055e84b321c08e730.jpg

photo.thumb.JPG.3b8f5900e5c1e99ccdad85d123a3aec9.JPG

I went 1000 miles in a SpecB.

:lol: makes sense if it had been 07+ due to its superior tranny and diff magic as this is merely an 06 King of Cars SpecB before the true King of Cars 07 was born

How many litres (gallons) does the USDM hold? Same as JDM I assume based on your post above - JDM has 65 litre tank (a little over 17 gallons) Best I've got is 560kms to a tank (about 350 miles) with computer saying 50kms (30 miles) left to run, and that's probably 50:50 around town to highway (on stage 0) getting stage 2 tune soon so will be interesting to see how much this varies

I think a significant contributor to mpg is where you live, I notice going up a hill uses a lot more gas vs the average than coasting down the other side. If it were predominantly flat you would likely get better mileage. Likewise with the altitude you live at

I see you have a FMIC in your info on the left, do you have stock injectors ?

if you do the math it's more like 30.1 mpg.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived