LegacyGT.com

Show off your 5th Gen's aftermarket wheels!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if theres any issue running 17x8 et40 on stock suspension with 215/50(OZ racing Superleggeras just Incase that helps )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, you'll be fine, but they are gonna look small if you're not lowered.

Same for my outback ;) lmk what you're considering. Right now I have the Cooper Discover at3, Toyo open country at2, and General Grabber apt. Thinking of downsizing to a 16 and going 215/70. Verse stock of 225/55/17. Then maybe a 1-2inch strut spacer down the road

Fwiw this Friday & Saturday Discount Tire has their President's Day sales running for anyone looking for new setups or fresh rubber

I'm going to call them Wednesday so they can ensure they have 4 Blizzaks and swing by on Saturday to buy them and have them mounted on the stock GT wheels. Not sure if I want 225/45 or 225/50. Potholes aren't really a thing in PDX like they are in New England, so I may stick with the stock size tire.

I'm also not quite sure what size I want on the RSII's that are coming in May, although I think I'll end up going with either the S-04 Pole Positions or PSS. Do you think 255/35 would clear the strut on 19x9+50? It looks tight on willtheyfit.com. It'd be a pretty square tire for the wheel. I'm open to suggestions/experience, since my Weds were more normal 18x8.5s and were utterly drama-free for fitment.

Edited by Ellesedil

Honestly for your stockers for the winter go with a 50 series. As for your new ones I ran a 255/35 on 19x9 and the look of them I liked better when I was lower but then I out on 245/40 and the taller sidewall was significantly more comfortable when crusing on the interstate. Especially with 19s, and the fact that I did drive nearly 3/4 across the country it made a HUGE difference. Since they'll be your summer setup and personally having lived in Portland too, I'd try to find the best performance tire you can find for the wet conditions you'll experience with summer rainfall.

I'm looking at 3 tires right now: Bridgestone S-04 Pole Positions, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, or Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Those seem to be the three best reviewed tires and each have excellent wet traction.

The only thing I'm not sure about is size. I'd like to get as wide a tire as possible, but I'm pretty concerned about rubbing on the struts with the 19x9 inch wheel and +50 offset. 255/40 looks pretty square, but I'd ideally like to go a bit wider. I just don't know if 265 would clear.

Edited by Ellesedil

I think Fred went with a pretty wide tire on Shrek, could be worth taking a look at his build thread to see what he went with. I think I've seen a few people go to a 265 section width, so it's doable, but I don't remember who or what the rest of their wheel/tire specs are.

I think Fred went with a pretty wide tire on Shrek, could be worth taking a look at his build thread to see what he went with. I think I've seen a few people go to a 265 section width, so it's doable, but I don't remember who or what the rest of their wheel/tire specs are.

I think Fred had 17's, right?

Edit: Found it.

Wheels: Enkei RPF1 17x9 5x100 +45 in SBC weighing 15.6# a piece

Tires: Falken Azenis 615K 275/40/17 ( tried Nitto NT01 for track use, but Falken was better )

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fredrik94087-2013-3-6r-build-list-220862.html?p=4727045

Edited by Ellesedil

He also had coils, which I forgot about. Might have to poke around in there a bit and see what he had on there before the coils went on, I think there was a stage where he had 265s on there.

You could also keep an eye on the outboard side, and if you end up scrubbing a little on the inboard side, throw some thin spacers in there to bring it out 3mm or so. I know willtheyfit isn't particularly accurate as far as judging where the tire will end up, but it looks like a 265/35R19 on your wheel would end up in about the same place as a 245/45R18 on an 8.5" +38, which is what swannee ran without fender mods (pretty sure on the tire size, definitely sure on the wheel). Should mean you'd have a little room to play with on the outboard side, and a bit more if you want to massage the fenders.

Edit: posts 170 and 174 have some good stuff in there. Widest he could do on stock suspension was a 255 on a +45 wheel, although there's no mention of profile.

Edited by cww516

I just checked how much clearance my new 225/50 Blizzaks have. Absolutely cannot fit a finger in between the tire and the strut. 255/40 might fit if I had to guess. The new wheels are closer to the strut by 14mm compared to stock, but 225/50 is just a bit wider than the stock wheel so ends up a bit closer to the strut than the wheel does while 255 fits more square on the 9 inch wheel. However, this is just a guestimate based on comparing the tire dimensions on willtheyfit. I have no actual experience for this.

I think if I want to go wider than 245, I'll need to be prepared to entertain getting spacers. I'll be getting some eventually anyway so the OEM winters will clear Brembos, but 20mm would put me at +30 which is probably a problem in the other direction. 265/35 might fit with a 10mm spacer. It's only about 4mm closer than what I have now, and a slightly smaller diameter (7mm).

Edited by Ellesedil

Bingo^ that setup was the 255/35 19x9+35. And a nitto motivo tire. One thing to keep in mind with tire width is some tires that are say a 245 will measure technically wider than a 255. And the opposite, a 265 may fit like a 255 or even a 245. I still preferred the 245/40 and iirc most with a 19x8 or 19x9 seem to agree that's best for comfort