LegacyGT.com

if i want to place my front license plate on driver's side?

markc0220k

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/accessories/accProductDetails.jsp?categoryDisplayName=Appearance+and+Personalization&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=761575_0_0_&productId=761575&sortType=&parentId=1-10&filterByKeyWord=license+plate&categoryNValue=100001&navValue=100729&fromWhere=&itemId=729-10&displayName=Adjustable+License+Plate+Mounting+Bracket&store=1010&skuDisplayName=Adjustable+License+Plate+Mounting+Bracket&brandName=Bell

i was thinking about drilling into the aluminum and you can use some thread lock to prevent the screws backing out. i havent checked the the plastic bumper to see how long the underside is, but if its long enough you can use thread lock and a nut. i havent installed one on lgt but i did drill 2 holes into the aluminum on my old car

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

3M double sided automotive tape, like they use to install spoilers, side cladding, etc. Get a thicker tape though, as the shape of the plate has the mounting surface offset deeper compared to the outer edges. That's how I've got my front plate mounted.

I bought one of these for my stang, would be running it if it fit inside my lower grill and folded but it does not. I mocked it below the bumper and with my lowering I was afraid to rip it off. I haven't measured if a plate fits width wise in the lower grill of a Legacy.

http://www.ninosport.com/Altec-Show-n-Go-License-Plate-holder-400U

... I haven't measured if a plate fits width wise in the lower grill of a Legacy.

http://www.ninosport.com/Altec-Show-n-Go-License-Plate-holder-400U

thanks Shotokan1509, it's a very nice piece. but $50+?? i'm thinking to buy a aluminum plate band it and drill few hold on it, then go autozone to buy a $10+ plastic holder, cheaper and i think look the similar, of coz yours looks much nicer! but 3x $ !

3M double sided automotive tape, like they use to install spoilers, side cladding, etc. Get a thicker tape though, as the shape of the plate has the mounting surface offset deeper compared to the outer edges. That's how I've got my front plate mounted.

pics please :confused:?

mark

thanks Shotokan1509, it's a very nice piece. but $50+?? i'm thinking to buy a aluminum plate band it and drill few hold on it, then go autozone to buy a $10+ plastic holder, cheaper and i think look the similar, of coz yours looks much nicer! but 3x $ !

A solid mount would be cheaper, as you can see this one folds down.. for the Stang I payed it, because did NOT want plate holes in the bumper but was trying to be legal. Ended up just not running a front plate :lol:

• 1 year later...

diy side mounting is a little tougher on our car than it may seem. imo, it's not going to look right unless you bend the plate (i struggled with this for a while). then there are the fogs to consider in your placement.

in the end, i used two super strong blue masonry screws of different lengths that i found at HD, and threaded them through some vac tubing (as spacer to angle the plate down) for the plate holes up top. down low, i used a few zip ties through hidden drilled holes no one will ever see/fret over. i edged the plate in that door-edging trim stuff to finish.

i've been happy with the look from all angles (that's the tricky part with this -- sometimes what may look good from one angle looks horrid from another), and the mounting has been rock solid for ~2 years this way.

best luck with the project.

http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=5142&d=1277332412

Archived