LegacyGT.com

Bosch ICON Wipers

D_J

My stock wiper blades don't seem to be holding up well in the heavy rain.

I saw the Bosch ICON wipers were top of the line but had an awkward design.

Anybody tried these wipers on their Subaru...any other premium brands worth checking out?

The price tag for a set of the Bosch ICON's is $50 - $60.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the Icons on my Dodge Ram for a long time, almost a year.

I just put them on my LGT on Friday and they are working great, in the 3 days I've gone from rain, to ice, to snow and they cannot be beaten.

They don't have pinch points, so they won't freeze like normal wipers.

I definitely recommend them, worth every penny.

-Sephon

I've used them on every car I've owned (only 4, but still) and on each one they worked amazing.

The weird design you're talking is a beam blade. Pretty much it's a silicone wrapped around a metal inner beam, and have a little 'spoiler' for aerodynamics and downforce for wiping at speed. They also apply uniform pressure to each spot on the windshield and are REALLY good on a curvy windshield.

I had them on my LGT since the day I bought it and I'm still happy with their performance. When they're covered in ice, just bend it a little, and when it snaps back all of the ice will come off, it's nice.

By the way, I work at Advance Auto Parts, but there's no stores in your location, so just check out C/S/K or any other chain store.

Worth every penny.

Don't have teh Bosch but got the Valeo Ultimates through Tire racks bogo deal.....got them last fall and still have the same ones on....they rock and are super quiet. Ended up getting another set a month or so ago just in case these decide to die in the winter.

I have had these (icons) wipers on my old car and on my lgt. They are great. They are also exceptional at higher speeds. They don't flutter like some other wipers i have tried. Last pretty long. Just make sure you don't get them caught on ice since they are susceptible to tearing or streaking if they get caught but thats pretty much any wiper. If they streak just clean then with a paper towel and bam got yourself almost a new wiper after 4 months.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

I had the Icons on my Dodge Ram for a long time, almost a year.

I just put them on my LGT on Friday and they are working great, in the 3 days I've gone from rain, to ice, to snow and they cannot be beaten.

They don't have pinch points, so they won't freeze like normal wipers.

I definitely recommend them, worth every penny.

-Sephon

Yeah that's what I was wondering. Definitely the most unusual wiper blade design I have ever seen - without those pinch points.

Whatabout the Bosch oil filters for Subaru? It appears that they make one but you may have to order from the parts counter, not normally stocked at the stores. I don't really care for the Puralators much which seem to be the only brand in stock around here.

Purolator PureOne filters are actually very good.

I'd use Purolator's commercial/fleet oil filter (PowerFlo) over any Fram filter.

In my car, I use either the PureOne, K&N, or Mobil1. The Purolater (L14612) or PureOne (PL14612) filter is the same one used in my old G35, so I was really happy I didn't have to remember any more numbers lol.

BlueSuby- The wipers on our cars sweep the same direction so technically we can use either A or B AFAIK. I still go by the book though.

• 3 weeks later...
Finally bought these and installed today. Must agree that these Icon blades are well worth the money and noticed a major improvement - despite the unusual design and floppy looking blade.

for our canadian members, i use the new trico ones canadain tire and partsource sell with the hingless design, i find they work really well, im sure there is the same in other brands sold throughout north america. i find they work well in all conditions, altho if you are lazy and dont brush off the snow they dont work so well. id like to see these new Bosch ones tho

03 BH

Mods: Group A Alt & Crank Pullys and end links,

CIA, JDM L7 Grille, JDM HID lights, JDM rear tails

Stromung CBE, KYB GR2's W/ H&R springs.

Archived