LegacyGT.com

Light Rims That Are Light On The Pocket

frkkevin

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'd like to keep 18"s but be somewhere around 18lbs each. My current rims are 23lbs each which is just too heavy.

Lets say I dropped from 23lbs to 20lbs. Will I notice a 3lb difference?

I'd like bronze or black

Budget is light, $1500 new/used with tires.

512whp/465ftlb 2005 5EAT Legacy (Build Log)

Videos -

-

I doubt you'd notice 3lbs on the street. I dropped 10lbs/corner (wheel/tire combo) and yes I can tell (mostly daily driver), but it's not like night & day or anything drastic.

I was considering those. Tire Rack only has 2 left and they aren't going to stock it again. So I've been looking at the Enkei RPF1 instead. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?&initialPartNumber=3797758048BS&autoYear=2006&wheelMake=Enkei+Racing&showRear=no&wheelFinish=Bright+Silver+Paint&target=runWheelSearch&autoMake=Subaru&autoModClar=Limited&i1_Qty=4&autoModel=Legacy+Sedan+2.5+GT&wheelModel=RPF1

Unfortunately they're a little more and center caps are extra (LAME!). They're 17X7.5, not 17X8 but that doesn't bother me. OP said he wants 18's anyway, but if you want lightweight and affordability then 17" is your answer.

Used is the best route with a limited budget, but many rota wheels will shed some lbs over your current setup, are available in your color criteria, and are within your budget.

Subydude runs a nasioc shipped price of 750 for 18's generally - sometimes lower if it's a wheel they've test fit.

I have white 17x7.5" Weds Sport Racing TC005 rims (10 spokes), 13.8 pounds each (made in Japan) if you are interested, $700 for the set of 4 (original price was $1260). Rims are in perfect condition, 48mm offset, exact fit for the LGT. These are the lightest wheels you can get for LGT besides discontinued SSRs 17x7.5 (which are 13 pounds each).

these in white (looks great on a white car):

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=WedsSport&wheelModel=TC005&wheelFinish=Light+Grey+Painted

weds_tc_005_wh_ci3_l.jpg.a46b88dcba3fbe07d00651de2595d1bd.jpg

Archived