LegacyGT.com

PLEASE HELP - Lots of Issues after Alignment!

All,

I took my Stg 2 05' LGT to Belle Tire to get an alignment today after my coilover install a few weeks ago. they kept the car all day and never called like they said they woudl. I got dropped off after work and after paying got in the car and immediately see:

1) Check Engine Light

2) Flashing Cruise

3) ER 55 on the illumination LCD by the total and trip mileage

4) ABS Light

5) The under hood cooling fan started up immediately and continues to run all the time (I already had the ECU replaced under the TSB)

All I asked for was an alignment and I got a huge mess. I have only had a two issues with this car, ECU TSB and new injectors. What happened? I went in an asked the mechanic and he said he took for a "extensive test drive". Kind of odd to say to a customer? Then he went in the shop, I then asked the manager and he said they did nothing only the suspension work. btw they pulled the specs for a 00-04 Legacy and told me the -1 degree of camber I asked for was out of spec and that there is no warranty on the alignment. What nerve!

What should I do guys! Help me out, I NEED my car. Should I flash it back to the stock cal and see what it does? What do all the codes, lights mean? HELP.

Mike

Doing some research it looks like the ER 55 is an ABS sensor failure. Maybe they messed up a sensor?

From Autozone.com: DTC PO500-Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) malfunction

In regards to your cooling fan issue, did you look at the temp gauge to see if you car was still warm when you started up? Does your cooling fan come on at all times when the car is cold now and key is in 'on' position? Being told they took an extensive 'road test' and the fact you didn't hear from them all day to get an alignment leads me to believe they may have done more than take your car out to lunch on the 'road test'.

# 3 is nothing

Why not clear up your ECU of any codes (reset it) and go drive it (unless it is undriveable) and if any more warning lights come up, pull the codes with the Accessport.

A few months back I had my car doing a tire rotation and they played with the car lifted. and when I got it back, the CEL was flashing with blinking ABS. So what they did, it was raised on the lift, the car in first gear (manual as well) and the jokers tried to block one of the wheels to see how the torque transfers. Apparently with the wheels not under load something was going haywire. I disconected the battery and that brought everything back to normal.

Doing some more reasearch the fan is a result of the car being in limp mode due to all the codes... I think it has to be a damaged abs/wheel sensor. I called Belle Tire back and they are standing behind thier tech 100%.

no green connector's were not connected, they would have no reason to do that anyway. I just connected them to uninstall the AP though

Result: fired her up and all lights came back...same with the fan (limp mode)

I am usualy pretty good about the mileage thing but not this time... my own fault. you live and learn. the gas mileage over 200 miles did go down by .3... that could have happened at any time though

no green connector's were not connected, they would have no reason to do that anyway. I just connected them to uninstall the AP though

Result: fired her up and all lights came back...same with the fan (limp mode)

Before you uninstall your AP, you did reset the ecu, correct? Have you noticed anything different when you brake, does abs come on, any additonal pulsating?

I just unplugged the battery for 5 minutes and have the same result. They broke something!

Crap, sounds like they did, have you tried following your brake lines to each wheel, any chance you have access under your car via ramps, lift?

No I did not reset the ECU, I just uninstalled? I thought this was the same?

I haven't pushed it too hard being in limp mode, it seemed to brake fine as I "limped" home.

I have ramps... what would I look for? I know where the two front sensors are but I did not look... two screaming babies at home. I guess I will just limp it to the subaru dealer tomorrow.

my bad... didn't know the difference. What is the difference? No resistor mod on UP, don't need it with TDC map which I've had no issues with for over a year.

code is only P0500 which is speed sensor... I'm going to go take each wheel off and see if I see anything suspicious. thanks for all you help guys... the dealer is going to take me in first thing in the morning. $135 diagnostic minimum.... damn!

No I did not reset the ECU, I just uninstalled? I thought this was the same?

I haven't pushed it too hard being in limp mode, it seemed to brake fine as I "limped" home.

If you diconnected your battery you reset your ecu. Sounds like the alignment placed damaged your ride with any luck subaru will be able to prove it for you. Good luck and keep us posted on the end result.

Found it! The 2nd wheel I took off had the abs sensor wire ripped completely out! Pics below after I unhooked it and fished it through the firewall. I called AutoZone, Murray's, and Advance Auto Parts and no one carry's the sensor. Looks like I will have to call the dealer tomorrow.

Belle Tire will get another visit tomorrow as well! Proof! they will likely still deny it. Anyone know what the drivers front sensor costs?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/mschmidt/DSC04692.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/mschmidt/DSC04689.jpg

Mike

Thanks again everyone! I feel much better now, just a little T'd that I wasted my evening, flashed my car to stock, and will likely have to wait for the part to come in before I can get my car back! Belle Tire will pay... hopefully.

Archived