teducci

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just recently I had my mechanic installed h&r springs with new kyb shocks. The ride is awesome but I do wish they lowered the car a little more then they did. But I'm still sitting on factory rims with snow tires on them due to constant snow. Hoping next weekend to put 18's back on and see a better difference with less wheel gap space

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, couldn't find what I was looking for so I figured I would ask. I'm planning on buying a set of the H-Techs and running them with the stock struts for now. My question is do I need the saggy butt spacers? If I do will a 3/8" set do the trick?

This is for an 05 wagon.

Thanks!

Hey folks, couldn't find what I was looking for so I figured I would ask. I'm planning on buying a set of the H-Techs and running them with the stock struts for now. My question is do I need the saggy butt spacers? If I do will a 3/8" set do the trick?

This is for an 05 wagon.

Thanks!

H-Techs are not the best look into Swifts. Stock struts should be fine with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to figure out what springs to get. Probably going to get pinks, but need to decide which ones.

Car is a 05 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT. Going to use Koni's for struts, along with replacing (most likely) the front strut mount with Whiteline KCA409 camber/caster mounts.

I've gone through the JDM suspension thread, and a few other posts with wagons and pinks, and most go with GT Wagon manual ones. However, I want to avoid lowering the car as much as possible, so was thinking of going with the GT wagon auto ones, and using a spacer on the rear.

Now, based on this post http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1324817&postcount=87 it looks like the GT-B springs are longer than the GT ones, at least for the front. Of course this is for the sedan. The wagon GT and GT-B share the same part number. This should limit how far the front drops even more. The GT-B wagon rear (ST2038021020) has a different part number than the GT wagon (ST2038021010)

Some unknowns if I go with the GT-B sedan front spring (ST2033021020) and GT-B wagon rear spring (ST2038021020) since I don't think I've found any good posts with these installed.

Best/safest choice might be GT wagon auto springs with a spacer in the rear? Unless somebody has some other inputs in using the GT-B springs.

Lastly, not sure why the part numbers are different across different threads. JDM suspension FAQ has a listing, but http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1270851&postcount=55 and http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1783481&postcount=1 list part numbers differently.

if you want to avoid lowering the car, stick with you stock springs and install the Konis...

if you don't have a set of stock springs I have a set for an '05 Wagon 5mt I'll send you for the price of the postage.

I post all that and forgot to state that I wanted to have a stiffer spring also. I did look at King springs, but it lowers a lot in the front, and than raises in the back. I might just go with the 5MT GT Wagon springs and get 1/4 spacer for the rear.

• 1 month later...

This is for an 05 wagon.

Thanks!

H-Techs are not the best look into Swifts. Stock struts should be fine with them.

Just finished the install earlier today.

Before and After

Swift Springs with stock struts

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr120/Jonthekorean/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140616_201625_zps35cbab66.jpg

Question regarding '08 Impreza springs, would they fit on KYB struts that will be going on a Outback XT wagon… I have read that the eibach lowering spring for the '08 wrx would work for the legacy gt's, but curious if the STOCK '08 Impreza springs would work for lowering an Outback XT to Legacy GT height. I plan to replace with KYB struts/LGT rear upper control arms/rear bump stops and looking to see if '08 impreza springs could be used in place of the LGT springs?

Hey all, although I'm a veteran on Nasioc, I'm new here. I've been put in charge of upgrades on my dad's '08 SpecB, so I'll be poking around here. If you're interested, check my WRX build thread -> http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1862152

Ok so my dad's SpecB has 95k+ on his car and is ready for a suspension upgrade. The stock SpecB suspension is really mushy and my dad HATES the squat whenever you get on the throttle. That being said, he doesn't track/auto-x the car and still wants a smooth cruiser and wants to retain as close to stock ride height as possible.

I've spent a bit searching around to see what's available. For some reason I remember reading that stock LGT suspension is slightly stiffer than SpecB, but I'm not 100% on that. Is that true? Even so, it probably would still be a bit mushy. I've ended up coming back to looking at a set of Epic springs as the right choice, possibly paired with KYB GR-2. Any thoughts on this setup?

• 2 months later...
Top pic is my car on stock struts and Tein S tech springs. The bottom two pics are Koni Sport struts and Eibach Pro springs that I just put on. Do yourself a favor. Don't give your money to Tein. Do it the right way the first time.

Untitled.jpg.664fcdb1f3836563cbb3882778c53572.jpg

VF-52 and all associated bits tuned by Tuning Alliance.

:cool:

Hey all, although I'm a veteran on Nasioc, I'm new here. I've been put in charge of upgrades on my dad's '08 SpecB, so I'll be poking around here. If you're interested, check my WRX build thread -> http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1862152

Ok so my dad's SpecB has 95k+ on his car and is ready for a suspension upgrade. The stock SpecB suspension is really mushy and my dad HATES the squat whenever you get on the throttle. That being said, he doesn't track/auto-x the car and still wants a smooth cruiser and wants to retain as close to stock ride height as possible.

I've spent a bit searching around to see what's available. For some reason I remember reading that stock LGT suspension is slightly stiffer than SpecB, but I'm not 100% on that. Is that true? Even so, it probably would still be a bit mushy. I've ended up coming back to looking at a set of Epic springs as the right choice, possibly paired with KYB GR-2. Any thoughts on this setup?

I would opt for Koni inserts over GR-2s if you decide to go the Epic route.

I went with a fresh set of Bilstein HDs and STi pinks on my Spec B, and am very pleased with the result. Very subtle drop, decent ride, and improved handling.

• 2 weeks later...

Please advise. 2005 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT. Currently have whiteline sway bars 22 front/20 rear/kartboy endlinks front/rear 18" wheels

The sway bars helped a little with body roll but not as much as I was hoping for. I want to get some tight handling but not rattle my teeth. Here are the combos I'm currently considering:

1) H&R springs paired with Koni inserts in KYB housings + saggy but spacer

2) new old stock Epic springs with Koni inserts in KYB housings

3) stock springs + KYB shocks struts

4) stock springs + koni inserts in kyb housing

This will be in central New York in snow and some rough roads. The car handles ok on long sweepers but there seems to be a 'delay' before it feels tight. My 98 Legacy brighton has swaybars set tight and some KYBs and it feels much tighter. I am wondering how much in in the steering too. My 2005 LGT has problems with the steering pump

any advice and best bang/performance is appreciated

If your biggest concern is best ride with more controlled handling I'd suggest stock springs and koni inserts. I love my Epics and oem bilsteins but they are noticeably less comfortable than the stock wagon we have also.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight