LegacyGT.com

Baby got new shoes

-Smoke_

I put some 18 x 7.5 Enkei Bortex (RPM2?) in Hyper Black and falken 225/40/18 451's on her. I love the look and the ride. She rides soooo smooth with her new shoes!

Now it's time to get busy and put the new AP to work! :icon_bigg

Leg1.thumb.JPG.285c92c920c09cbb481d26596ae5151a.JPG

leg2.JPG.d8c323d1004ddd49ecd866d4538e6774.JPG

leg8.JPG.177d729e02561379841d2f687cdc9a6c.JPG

leg7.JPG.5b7dceec6182e9053c87f818ab5a7bfa.JPG

leg10.JPG.c889313ebb3e7c82bf80c2983e205c39.JPG

"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

Yeah, it definately needs to be dropped some, but thats not in my budget anytime in the near future. I'm gonna get the windows tinted, then I'll wait awhile for the ol' lady to chill out (see found out how much the AP cost, and wasn't too happy) and I'll go stage II by the end of summer.

Are you crazy? That car looks incredible! Nice job, the anthricite color wheels really compliment the color of the car ( I wanted that color blue, but we only had black interior in stock and I wanted the taupe). Don't lower it, just do some sway bars and maby a set of Bilstein shocks. You could almost mistake it for a Spec B in blue. In fact, I think it looks better than the spec.

BTW......I had the same problem with the ball and chain. I stopped driving like an idiot for a tankfull to see what happened to my mileage. It jumped from 24.5 average to 26.1mpg average.(75%highway) "See honey, it was worth 600 bucks, look at the gas mileage!!!!"

Better yet, if she is a shoe junkie like my wife is, go count her shoes. I'd bet half her inventory was worn once or never even hit the road. When we moved a couple of years back, I filled FIVE full size trash bags with her shoes. I'll bet there was a 1000 bucks of shoes there. I said....."You like shoes and clothes, I like to go fast......so kiss my azz!" She got over it:(

if you think it was only 1000 worth ............ you're probably way off.

I figure at least 500 if not 1000 per bag. ;)

Your probably right on that!

Sorry about rambling off the subject. Smoke.....your car looks awesome. Let me know what you think of those tires in the rain. I can't deal with the stock B/S RE92's much longer.

Are you crazy? That car looks incredible! Nice job, the anthricite color wheels really compliment the color of the car ( I wanted that color blue, but we only had black interior in stock and I wanted the taupe). Don't lower it, just do some sway bars and maby a set of Bilstein shocks. You could almost mistake it for a Spec B in blue. In fact, I think it looks better than the spec.

BTW......I had the same problem with the ball and chain. I stopped driving like an idiot for a tankfull to see what happened to my mileage. It jumped from 24.5 average to 26.1mpg average.(75%highway) "See honey, it was worth 600 bucks, look at the gas mileage!!!!"

Better yet, if she is a shoe junkie like my wife is, go count her shoes. I'd bet half her inventory was worn once or never even hit the road. When we moved a couple of years back, I filled FIVE full size trash bags with her shoes. I'll bet there was a 1000 bucks of shoes there. I said....."You like shoes and clothes, I like to go fast......so kiss my azz!" She got over it:(

GTTuner - Thanks for the compliments! With the 225/40/18's it fills up the wheel wells by about 1/2" taller than stock, I'm actually really liking the look, and I don't think I'm going to change it. I can tell the difference off the line, as it is a touch slower due to tallness, but I think it will deliver a little better highway mpg due to this also (not as many rpm's @ cruising speed). I love the look & ride soooo much more. Its actually much smoother. When I get my maps from TDC, this should cure everything, I can't wait!

FYI - my interior is black & tan with the woodgrain trim, pretty sharp :icon_bigg

Well have to hook up sometime, and maybe do some rear sway bars or something.

Everyone - Thanks for the compliments!:icon_bigg

Your probably right on that!

Let me know what you think of those tires in the rain. I can't deal with the stock B/S RE92's much longer.

I really like them on the wet stuff! I was running well above the posted speed limit, and they just eat up water! I was impressed, as I've had aquatreads on my last car a few years ago, and these are much better. I also tried a sharp on ramp going very quick, and I "goosed" it to try to brake them loose. They broke traction for a split second and regained right away. I think that they are very good tires (seem very sticky), especially for the money. Way better than stock!

leg11.JPG.b25937ca15259bf363d2045de6a0f6d7.JPG

I've always liked those wheels.

+1

My local dealer had those exact wheels mounted on a WRX for sale around the time I bought my car. I thought they looked really nice.

Too bad the dealer wanted about $3K extra for the rim/ tire package... but that is Canadian dealer pricing for accessories, mind you. Kind of like their $600.00 Short throw install:icon_surp

Looks sweet, but the high suspension does not compliment them.

I think that your car looks good even w/o lowering. I too am waiting to lower mine after all of the "go fast" work is done. :)

AP Stage II, Crucial Racing Uppipe(almost), Stromung DP, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Crucial Racing 160* T-stat, Piaa FR-S Wheels, Nitto Neo-Gens.

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments. I picked the wheels & tires (300 miles on the tires, like new) off of Ebay for $1,160 shipped. I had a hard time finding wheels I liked, or by the time that I decided to get them they were gone or sold out or too heavy. These weigh about the same as the SuperLeggera's (about 19 lbs.) I jumped on these as soon as I saw them. I am very happy with them both. I even used the factory nuts on them. :icon_bigg

I'd hate to wash all those spokes though... :)

You're telling me, when I got them they were very dirty. I think it took me about 3 hours to Mother metal polish them, BEFORE they were on the car! :( My fingers hurt for 2 days! :)

You're telling me, when I got them they were very dirty. I think it took me about 3 hours to Mother metal polish them, BEFORE they were on the car! :( My fingers hurt for 2 days! :)

Try one of these things out. They are awesome!! :icon_bigg

http://www.putfile.com/tundwgn

AP Stage II, Crucial Racing Uppipe(almost), Stromung DP, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Crucial Racing 160* T-stat, Piaa FR-S Wheels, Nitto Neo-Gens.

:lol: Actually I did get one, I didn't get the wheel cleaner....YET. I will pick it before I clean them again. I also didn't want the polish to sling all over the tires & car. I'll just have to try to work it slow at first.

I tried the ball on the exterior, seemed ok, but it still slung the polish everywhere, even trying to go slow. It probably just takes a while to get use to it.

Archived