LegacyGT.com

Cincy05LGT's 2005 LGT Build

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your going to replace the oil return hose too, correct ?

While the turbo's off, remove the filter from the banjo bolt on the back ofo the head.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

OK I'll stop now.

:)

Well, may be not, are you thinking about bolting the turbo back on ? remember how hard it was to line up the inlet tube, oil return hose and studs at the same time ?

I hate to nag...:)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

That. Was. A. Bitch. Must have tried and missed getting everything together at least 5 times. Almost threw something.

I do remember thinking bolts would be better but I feel like there was something else in the way and let that idea pass. I have a larger 8cm turbine housing and full size 16g compressor. Maybe clearance was an issue??? I'll have to revisit that.

I put a post in JmP sticky up top with a link to a place to buy the flange head bolts. The link came from a old Honda buddy. FWIW, I have never met him, but he alway's emails me with questions. He's a retired Chemist that enjoy's playing with his 1993 Civic. These forums are great.

FWIW, I'm thinking of leaving my turbo loose until I have the IPR TMIC in place. Have you ever played with one of those ?

I was careful removing it, not to take the TB hose off the TB. In theory I should be able to slip it into the TB hose and then attach it to the turbo then tighten the 3 bolts to the up pipe. At least that what my dream is...LOL

• 1 month later...

So I'm having an issue... I'm installing a new clutch, and in a fit of OCD I decided to remove the clutch fork from the transmission to clean it. After greasing the pivot ball and reinstalling, it will not stay up against the pivot ball. It wobbles and does not feel secure, and I wouldn't trust it to pull the TOB back from the PP when the clutch pedal is let out. Am I missing something? Does the fork retainer spring need replaced???

Here's a short video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9sqigfj3ng7b9o/VID_20141101_224316461.mp4?dl=0

Edited by Cincy05LGT

• I Donated Too

there should be a spring on the back of that to hold it in place. Has it gone? If it's there and loose, just bend it back gently so it holds... As long as the fork stays roughly in place then it will be fine. Also the TOB needs to be there and the whole thing should feel a bit more in place and ready for you to move on.

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/30534AA001.jpg

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/30534AA001.jpg

• I Donated Too
good luck, really it just needs to stay put and it's not meant to be really tight. Do you have the TSK3 kit? The TOB on that has springs too and it holds the fork better for the OCD inclined but I did a clutch on a WRX recently without the TSK3 bearing and it was a little more 'wobbly' but didn't occur to me that anything was wrong. All was fine.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/03/6f317b4248df55f46debd7a5aa2754e1.jpg

Clutch is in and transmission mated up. After bolting in the slave cylinder I gave the pedal a feel and was presently surprised to feel it being lighter and very smooth. I'll wait until after break in to pass final judgment.

Installed a few other parts and performed some maintenance while I was in there.

Kartboy rear shifter stay bushing

Kartboy front shifter stay bushing

TiC updated shift linkage and bushings

Kartboy FSB endlinks

Kartboy pitching stopper

Motive Autowerks 3port EBCS

New OEM exhaust gaskets from the uppipe back.

Trans refilled with Motul Gear 300

Full chassis lube with Valvoline multi purpose grease

Just a few more things to button up and we'll be back on the road.

Cincy, did you you get you heads redone? If so where at? I live in the kent/akron area but I work in southern Ohio. Just looking for a machine shop with experience in these heads. So if I have to I'll drive there 😔

Got everything back together tonight and was getting excited to drive it to work tomorrow, only to get blue balled.

Starter isn't doing anything. I can hear the fuel pump whizzing in the back, but no start or click sound from the starter. Battery is new and was on a tender the whole time. My bet is either grounding or starter solenoid.

So tomorrow I'll be taking the TMIC off again.

-_________-