LegacyGT.com

Would i Be a ricer?

I do not think you would be a ricer if you got some prosport gauges in your cubby up top. You could do oil pressure, and something else. You just have to make it look clean and not have some crazy purple gauges and light going off in your car. I think our car's are classy looking so I would do like HID's, tint, nice wheels. and cubby gauges, and call it a day.

Gauges for show is totally ricerzz. Not to mention a waste of money but functional ones are nice and helpful you could do oil pres, batt, and something else in a mellow color face

Batt gauge is stupid.

"Yep. Alternator still works... still works... still works... Uh-oh, I droped .1V, I better make a new thread to make sure that's OK."

It provides absolutely zero useful information.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Well, it could give you some visual reference of about when your battery is going to die. It may start the first time, like you implied, but what about the next time? I know this is all hypothetical or whatever, but knowing you have a weak battery would certainly be beneficial if you're going on a road trip or leaving the car for a little while. I think it's one of those things that you would wish you had if ever you're stranded with a dead battery.

I couldn't justify having any other gauge, and I certainly wouldn't want it mounted on my A-pillar.

Batt gauge is stupid.

"Yep. Alternator still works... still works... still works... Uh-oh, I droped .1V, I better make a new thread to make sure that's OK."

It provides absolutely zero useful information.

LOL I know but I couldn't think of any thing else that isn't already shown in the cluster :cool:

Well, it could give you some visual reference of about when your battery is going to die. It may start the first time, like you implied, but what about the next time? I know this is all hypothetical or whatever, but knowing you have a weak battery would certainly be beneficial if you're going on a road trip or leaving the car for a little while. I think it's one of those things that you would wish you had if ever you're stranded with a dead battery.

I couldn't justify having any other gauge, and I certainly wouldn't want it mounted on my A-pillar.

I would also like to state that I would never have gauges on the A-Pillar as well with a 2.5i. And if I had a LGT i would get the performance Gauge pack from Subaru or make one like it in the same location.

Goes without saying that I would love to have boost gauge :wub:

Gauges for show is totally ricerzz. Not to mention a waste of money but functional ones are nice and helpful you could do oil pres, batt, and something else in a mellow color face

Good idea for the oil pressure, didn't even think of that one. I have always wanted one in the car.

I just got an A pillar gauge pod for my GT and my friends are calling it rice. The truth is though, that other's opinions don't matter. It's your car and your hobby. The modifications that I make to my car are just for me and not for anyone else. I try to maintain a solid show to go ratio, but I don't care what the haterz say. I love my car.

You have friends making fun of your infamous-tuned stage 2 GT? What do they drive? Vettes and GT-Rs, or other such automotive masterpieces?

fast cars can add things like a-pillar gauge pods, like your car.

You have friends making fun of your infamous-tuned stage 2 GT? What do they drive? Vettes and GT-Rs, or other such automotive masterpieces?

fast cars can add things like a-pillar gauge pods, like your car.

:) My friend Matt's comment was really not malicious. He sid that my car was too "classy" to have a pillar pod and that I should have put my gauges in the cubby. He actually drives an Integra, although it's not riced out.

My roommate drives a Volvo S60 and he said that the pillar took away my sleeper status and that he'd only ever seen them on older Evos and Hondas.

I think you should mount them on the OUTSIDE of your pillar so other people can see your voltage. :lol: When I decided to go with a cubby mount, it was because our interiors are so clean, I felt that the a pillar would look too tacky. But everyone has their opinions. I feel a pillar setups are more for other people to see.

Archived