LegacyGT.com

Mismatched Ballasts

scoobyroo

I was wondering if anyone knew of any problems/unwanted outcomes I may experience if I were to use two different ballasts in my car. Basically, a buddy of mine bought me an HID kit, both bulbs and one ballast are good, but one of the ballasts is a goner. So I'm looking at buying a new ballast, but hoping to only have to buy 1, not 2. The kit doesn't say, but I believe it to be a 35w kit, thats pretty standard yeah? And the bulbs are 6k if that makes any difference. Sorry if this has been beat up, but I searched and found nothing. And if anyone recommends a specific brand, let me know. Thanks in advance all.

"Kits" vary widely in output, lumens, color temp, etc. If you can even buy 1 ballast, I doubt it would be the same output as you other one.

If you're not going with OEM parts, then The Retrofit Source is the only aftermarket HID company I would even remotely trust. They use some real quality parts and they're customer service is top notch.

"This is an adventure."

"Kits" vary widely in output, lumens, color temp, etc. If you can even buy 1 ballast, I doubt it would be the same output as you other one.

If you're not going with OEM parts, then The Retrofit Source is the only aftermarket HID company I would even remotely trust. They use some real quality parts and they're customer service is top notch.

I agree TRS is a real high quality company, and their shipping is prompt. I've been using their Retro-Qwik kit for almost 3 months with zero issues.

All good input. Assuming connectors are all the same, any pair of ballasts should be good to go with my existing bulbs though correct? Once again, not real up to date on headlights, bulbs, ballasts, etc.

Archived