LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm just about to try the Stage 2 HogZaust on my new '06 Liberty 3.0L. I want to purchase new SS bolts at the same time as the 3/8" washers. Can anybody tell me what size bolts I should get?

Don't waste your money for SS bolts. Just buy a bottle of anti-seize compound and use it on all the nut's and bolts, I use it on my lug nuts too.

I'm telling you guy's just remove the mufflers and start the car, drive it, you may want to leave them off. I've been muffler free for over 2 months now.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I fitted the Hogzaust stage 3 (fairly thin SS washers, cause I only got a 3.6mm gap from 3 washers) onto my 2006, 3.0L Spec B sedan and it sounds fabulous. It gives the car a nice deep rumble at low revs. Thank you for all the good info Hogmeat and the rest of you that also posted helpful hints.

It only took ~30 minutes, luckily for me with our Australian weather (always sunny and no salt on the roads) the original bolts were like new and undid quite easily and the gaskets also pealed straight off (should be able to reuse. I made the same mistake that others have before me, which was to drop a washer into the pipe, but I did as previously suggested (start the engine, accelerate and blow the washer out... and it worked).

HINT: If you don’t want to drop washers into the exhaust pipe, locate the bolt at the high point first.

Too easy and cheap, great mod….. I’ll keep this one for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

10's in mah dreamz thanx to the amazing HOG-ZAWST POWER...I'm thinking of adding a 'HOG-ZAWST' sticker to my car...that's good for at least 30+ more HP...yeeeeeeeeah boiiiii!!! :lol:

STAGE 4?

You must be running 10"s!

I'm hoping this is a quick question, but what size bolts/nuts are on the mufflers in case I break them when attempting to remove them?

if u do break it...bring the bolt and nut back to the hardware store and find one that matches?

I figured that would be my backup, but I thought I'd ask.

Just go buy some 2" long 3/8 bolts, nuts and washers at the local hardware store. Use anti-seize compound and install them.

Or do what I did, just remove the mufflers. I had pipes and nice tips fab'ed up to replace them.

Muffler free since Easter weekend.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Driving around without mufflers sounds cool! Drove around with them off going to Trash Auto to pick up some new bolts for the mufflers. Had a nice little echo sound to it. I guess it's from the pulses bouncing around the area where the mufflers were. Sounded ALMOST like a V8 but not really.

• 4 weeks later...
Driving around without mufflers sounds cool! Drove around with them off going to Trash Auto to pick up some new bolts for the mufflers. Had a nice little echo sound to it. I guess it's from the pulses bouncing around the area where the mufflers were. Sounded ALMOST like a V8 but not really.

i just took off one side, cuz i got the wrong washer, sounds ******* AWESOME!

LOL

I must say Hogzawst is full of win best mod for the wopping $1.32. I was ready to drop 600 bucks on the AVO mufflers then ran arcross this thread and saved my life. I was soooo happy wen i started up the car with the patented hogzawst washers. I did drop one in the pipe and im sure its posted on here but simply start the car and give it a quick rev and your back in buisness. Also breaker bar does wonders.

P.S. Outbacks cheat for the mod installation with the extra ground clearance :)

Anyone have tips for getting extremely rusted bolts/flanges apart?

Tried liberally spraying with PB Blaster and cranking with a wrench to no avail...

mr. blue wrench; get yourself a $5 propane torch at home depot then spray, wait, heat, spray, wait heat, spray wait heat try it etc etc.. it'll either break free or break off... either way problem solved. new bolts can be had for cheap at the hardware store and like someone above said, get some anti-sieze... if using anti-sieze though i'd recommend a lock washer on the nut side.

mr. blue wrench; get yourself a $5 propane torch at home depot then spray, wait, heat, spray, wait heat, spray wait heat try it etc etc.. it'll either break free or break off... either way problem solved. new bolts can be had for cheap at the hardware store and like someone above said, get some anti-sieze... if using anti-sieze though i'd recommend a lock washer on the nut side.

Had a similar problem. Breaker bar, with cheater bar, and some good old fashioned elbow grease knocked those puppies loose. They never saw it coming :)

I'm confused. Are you people ACTUALLY doing this?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard