LegacyGT.com

Clean IAC by the book but car stalls

The service manual how to says - to clean the IAC pour a Subaru liquid cleaner into the hose; pour until white smoke starts to appear out the tailpipe.

The problem is if I disconnect the hose from the plenum to pour anything into the hose, the car stalls.

I tried to move the throttle cam while I was trying to do the cleaning but I didn't have enough hands.

This happens as the vac advance is needed. Just get a helping hand and have someone keep on the throttle to ensure the car wont stall

It doesn't even get to the point of pouring before it stalls. Pull that hose from the intake plenum and it stalls. I don't think it should stall like that because it is still getting air into the IAC.

Also, you might be pouring too fast.

Yay I know.

I also noticed that the metal tube that connects to the hose that goes from the bottom of the BPT has no air coming from it. My 95 has air blowing from it. I've gone through the same cleaning process as my 95 but there is still no air.

I did it on my own. I stuffed a paper towel between the stop piece and the throttle cam. Without pouring anything in there the idle was up and down, up and down.

That might be pointing to a problem all on it's own.. Pulling any vacuum line should not cause the car to stall.

Archived