LegacyGT.com

05 Legacy wagon Limited - $23.5 - good price?

penny

After looking at cars101.com it looks like they are selling it to me for invoice. And then taking off $1500 customer cash.

They said they could not go any lower on the price (what else is new!).

I already left a deposit, but am having second thoughts after reading posts on this forum. I had gone to the dealership looking for a Forester or Outback, so I'm not the best versed on the Legacy.

Any thoughts?

23.5 is price after or before 1500?? either wat it sounds like a good deal

over here in freakin Moon-e-sota they wont budge below 25.5 (after the rebate) on a 5MT LGT LTD with sub/amp, spoiler, mirror...buncha thieves i tell ya!!!!

where are u located?

That's a pretty nice deal. I got my non-limited for 23,100.

Yours is a limited (+$) AND a wagon (+$) for almost the same price. Is this auto or manual? If it's auto (+$)

So IMO it's a pretty good deal :lol:

But if it's a manual, even better! Hint: they're not selling wagons with manual trannies for the 06 model year

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

23.5 is price after or before 1500?? either wat it sounds like a good deal

over here in freakin Moon-e-sota they wont budge below 25.5 (after the rebate) on a 5MT LGT LTD with sub/amp, spoiler, mirror...buncha thieves i tell ya!!!!

where are u located?

they must sell enough up here to hold firm at that price point twisted. none would go lower than that for me, and I was working three dealers for about 6 weeks. 23.5 is the second best price i've seen on the board so far. nice job.

they must sell enough up here to hold firm at that price point twisted. none would go lower than that for me, and I was working three dealers for about 6 weeks. 23.5 is the second best price i've seen on the board so far. nice job.

i doubt they sell enough cuz i hardly see any on the roads.....well GT LTD sedans at least...i do see a lot of outbacks and 2.5 N/A sedans

But at 25.5 it's better for me to go for an 06 this time of year. Then i only spend like 500 more and get a car which is one model year newer and gives me better value at trade time.

MN dealers suck and so do WI dealers......and IL is too far a drive to make

Congrats on the new car penny! That's a HELL of a deal. Except the auto part... I'm a manual kinda guy ;)

Feel free to post pics of your new ride in the Legacy Photos forum. And make yourself at home - this is a great place to be :D

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

After looking at cars101.com it looks like they are selling it to me for invoice. And then taking off $1500 customer cash.

They said they could not go any lower on the price (what else is new!).

I already left a deposit, but am having second thoughts after reading posts on this forum. I had gone to the dealership looking for a Forester or Outback, so I'm not the best versed on the Legacy.

Any thoughts?

Everyone - penny must have purchased a non-GT limited. Invoice is $29K on the limited wagon with 5EAT. Subtract 1.5K, and you're not at $23.5K.

Albert

i doubt they sell enough cuz i hardly see any on the roads.....well GT LTD sedans at least...i do see a lot of outbacks and 2.5 N/A sedans

But at 25.5 it's better for me to go for an 06 this time of year. Then i only spend like 500 more and get a car which is one model year newer and gives me better value at trade time.

MN dealers suck and so do WI dealers......and IL is too far a drive to make

Twisted - if you're after a GT Limited MT sedan, then I agree with ya. Unless you're getting a terrific price on an '05 (like say $3000+ under invoice), definitely go with an '06 - new model year, less gremlins (hopefully), plus those still have a $1000 rebate on them now.

Thread title says "limited" - check

The car has been on the lots for at least 4-5 months - check

Dealer wants to get rid of inventory since the 06s are here - check

The thread title does not say "GT" - check

Doteleven said, correctly I think, that it must be a non-GT limited (he did not say a "non-limited GT").

If the car Penny was describing was a GT, it would have a sticker price in the $32K range, with an invoice price of around $29K (depending on options). Penny said that it appears the car is being sold for invoice minus the $1,500 incentive, which is a pretty standard deal right now.

I am certain that Penny is talking about a Legacy 2.5i wagon.

I had gone to the dealership looking for a Forester or Outback, so I'm not the best versed on the Legacy.

Penny, if you are familiar with the Outback, the Legacy wagon is very similar. It is basically the same body, but the Outback has a taller suspension which is designed to be able to handle light off-roading. The Outback also has bigger tires and some extra cosmetic body cladding on the fenders. Other than those differences, the Legacy wagon is basically the same car as the Outback wagon.

The price you are being quoted for this car is not bad. There may be a better deal available somewhere, but you are doing okay.

Archived