LegacyGT.com

Project Legacy Gt outback begins...

I'm just glad she was willing to take a picture. My wife just looks at me like I'm stupid...:lol:

my GF doesn't grasp the concept either. the other day we saw a guy in a spray painted STi that was towing the back half of an impreza. he had converted it into a trailer for his tires, i'm assuming he was going racing. i gave her my phone and asked her to take pictures. i got up next to the guy and chatted with him till the light went green.... no pictures.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have more goodies to install.

Got my hands on the whiteline camber/caster adjustable top hats.

I've also installed the energy suspension transmission crossmember bushings. Replaces the oem rubber bushings.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HMR54PU/ref=sr_ph_1?qid=1459273226&sr=sr-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Energy+suspension+crossmember+bushing]Amazon.com: Energy Suspension 19.1103G Transmission Crossmember Mount Bushings: Automotive[/ame]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just installed a new shift boot and weighted knob. Combined with the perrin shift bushing, awesome feel.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160402/df9fa3110c930feb5d9e953c75dcba9a.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160402/7474a8cf6b8f4bc8b9883058afedc6ee.jpg

• 1 month later...
Just installed a new shift boot and weighted knob. Combined with the perrin shift bushing, awesome feel.

Looks good, everytime I see the carbon trim I want it even more haha looks so killer

His pictures have disappeared! He's probably left for the mountains, him and his lifted Legacy/Outback will never be seen again! :lol:

Seen him in FB posts. His photos and threads disappeared from this site 6 months or more ago when he got all butthurt for people giving him a hard time about his excessive accessories and stick on body accoutrements with a complete lack of design theme.

• 5 weeks later...

So I need new struts... not looking for the lift that you have, but you mentioned the stiffer ride with the 3.6r struts. With that in mind, would I obtain the stiffness improvements by putting my GT coils into a 3.6r (Legacy) strut? Or should I just go 2.5 GT OEM replacement? I live in Maine and our roads suck. So while I want a sporty ride I also wouldn't object to a little bit smoother ride. I guess what I'm asking is what result could I expect with a GT coil in a 3.6r legacy strut? ASAP reply would be awesome. Gotta make a decision on what I want to do by tomorrow...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Kevlar, check the suspension thread. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203293

All the 2013 & 2014 Legacys had mildly stiffer springs and struts stock. Maybe that would be a good upgrade for you if you want to maintain stock suspension travel.

So I WILL achieve a slightly stiffer ride with the '13 Legacy 3.6R struts and my stock GT springs? And yes, I'd like to maintain stock travel to avoid paying big bucks to totally change the suspension setup. My assumption was that by going with the 3.6R struts, I'll get a slightly stiffer ride vs just replacing my GT struts with new GT struts.

Edited by KevlarChris007

The struts are the same though, right?

This is what I'm wondering

The F & R strut part numbers changed from the 2010-12 to new numbers in 2013. I would expect they are stiff, but I am not sure of the differences. It would make sense that Subaru matched new struts to the different spring rates. It seem like the 10-12 struts are pretty much done by 80k miles, so it would be good idea to replace them unless you have low miles.

• 2 months later...

I would say there are less aftermarket parts for the Outback suspension than the legacy, because I believe the strut/shock mounts are where the lift is.

If you read through the first few pages you should have a parts list.

• 2 weeks later...
Could we get a breakdown on part numbers? Looking over post 132, i see the aftermarket parts but i dont see the right one to get on the site. Like for the J2 lca and megan toe link, can we get links or part numbers for them? Breakdown for what is needed in the front and in the back. Much appreciated.