LegacyGT.com

how to prevent road oil

i need some help. my street has been being "maintained" for the past month or so. tomorrow they start with the fresh oil and then they will put down the black top. besides driving slow, what is the best way to prevent the crap from getting on/ sticking to my car? and if it gets there how is the best way to get it off? i have some bug and tar remover but last time i tried it on the bugs it just messed up the driveway and the bugs stayed on:confused:

Guest *Jedimaster*
Seriously: spray some WD40 on the bottoms of the panel- it won't harm the wax and will help residue slide off when you wash- also good for driving through areas with lots of bugs.

From my experiance working with paving companies, they put the sticky oil down than pave within 30 minutes. if they put the glue down and leave than they should be responsible for your ride gettin goo on it. just at thought. Use sticker romoover not goo gone. make sure you wax afterward though because it strips everything off. Good luck
Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Seriously: spray some WD40 on the bottoms of the panel- it won't harm the wax and will help residue slide off when you wash- also good for driving through areas with lots of bugs.

jedimaster speaks with wisdom. If you can't avoid the area then that is a good way to keep the problem from getting out of control. If you do get some on your paint then spritz some mineral spirits on the tar and watch it drip off the car. Mineral spirits is exactly what a professional detail shop would use on the tar if you broght it into them. It works great. Definitely rewax the area afterwards.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

not realy. they are redoing the entire subdivision.

i have been taking it very very slow down the streets. no signs of oil on my car yet. and the night they oild the street it rained. and then today it rained again. so i am thinking most of the oil that i was worried about is down in our lovely sewer system right now

• 9 months later...
Start at your driveway and work toward the nearest unsealed street. My neighborhood is going to get it soon. They sealed cracks a few weeks ago. Guess I'll be leaving early and coming home late so I can drive across the lawns.

speedi_bag.jpg.bee9a9de1bcde1f5e2a3a86edd019c3f.jpg

It is still ugly.

Guess I'll be leaving early and coming home late so I can drive across the lawns.

:lol: nothin wrong with a lil' "urban off-roading"

unless, of course, you get caught.

Archived