LegacyGT.com

Hello all and could you please help ?

T. Taylor

Hello my fellow subi owners, it's great to be here. I have a technical question concerning a swap of US version to JDM style headlights. My main concern/question is. Are the bulbs an even swap from one to the other? I am presently using Sylvania 9003 silver stars in a 96 outback. I would also like any info on the swap over all. As in any aiming trouble or if my present bulbs are not able to be swaped over are the needed bulbs easy to find as well as get. Please PM me or email me if you can help.

Thanks in advance T. Taylor ................3 time subi owner.

the jdm projector headlights have a H1 low beam and a H3 high beam, the corner lights are different but i just spent a little time with a file and changed the slots in the back of my jdm headlights to fit the US bulb, saved me from having to cut up anymore wires.

thanks folks for the info.

Livingtodie the high low bulbs sound esay enough to get but is there anyway you could post a diagram or pic of the filing you did. Also how much cutting of wires are we talking about ???? I was hoping it would be a relatively simple in and out swap.

Fweasel is there any way to fix the cut off shields other than radical aiming ?? And if not why not get them HID drivers back for all the blinding they have done.....................I'm just kidding on that cause there would be alot of "innocent" drivers that would get the light as well.

OH and Ministiguy thanks for the reply but what can I say I keep them for a long time. This one is accualy on it's second owner (me) and it still looks about 4 or so yrs younger than it is. About two yrs ago some one mistook it for a 99. This person even asked if it was possibly a 2000. Talk about feeling good for the 6 to 8 hrs in the driveway washing, clay baring and so forth. Why did I buy ANOTHER white car :confused::confused:

Archived