LegacyGT.com

Allstate auto insurance customers come in...

Recently got into a accident with my 08' Legacy.

I need a new hood,bumper,grille, and right taillight.

My guy at the shop told me there pretty good with replacing the parts with OEM parts.

Just wanted to get some other folks opinions...

our legacy was in a slight collision over the winter. hood, bumper, grill, both fenders, both headlights, and radiator along with a bunch of other internal parts.

the shop we went to was paired with our insurance, did everything by the book. 100 percent covered under the insurance, so I guess doing it right is better than saving a few dollars here and there.

This wasn't with a Legacy, but I've had a couple of claims in the past with Allstate (both involving deer), and they had the repairs done right and recommended a great body shop. The shop even found some radiator damage, notified the adjuster, and they quickly fixed that as well.

imo i was take it to subaru cause a insurance company finds the cheapest shop to repair it and u can take the car wherever u want to have it fixed and if u take it to subaru u know that u r gettin oem replacement parts

^ not necessarily true, our shop charged retail per part as well as labor. parts alone equaled 4k, but add another 3k in labor alone to fix it. 1 month in the shop. along with rental car allowance up to 1000 dollars within this time. insurance companies aren't out to get you all the time.

and all our parts were oem replacements, not cheap replacements. all body parts had to be color matched to be painted etc.

just be careful when looking for a body shop. we've had incidents with our vehicles and have had our cars fixed at this shop more than once. the shop should give you detailed lists of what parts they are using and charging for etc. i wouldn't trust a shop that didn't.

Dam didn't even think about taking it to subaru dealership to get it fixed.

I just took it to the body shop who fixed a scrape/dent on my quarter panel and did a great job. I guess nothing is definite right now, ill see what happens.

Now to post on topic... I have Nationwide and they use only manufacture parts only... We left Allstate about 8 years ago becasue my wife got into a fender bender with our camry and Allstate used reconditioned and non toyota parts...

Insurance companies have the right to put aftermarket or used (LKQ) parts on your car. It is written in the terms and conditions you signed when you got the policy.

You have the option to pay the difference in cost if you demand only new OEM parts.

People seemed to have problems with used parts and I never understood this.

If they put on an aftermarket parts and you can show they don't fit, I think they have 2 tries to get it right until they put on OEM. They'll usually only try once though.

The body shop has no say in what kind of parts go on if you chose the shop. If they refuse to use aftermarket, expect to pay the difference.

Of course, this was only what is written in the books. Some people have probably had different experiences.

Sorry, I am always sticking my nose in on insurance company threads.

Archived