LegacyGT.com

OEM Nav Transfer into Forester HELP

brus6286

Hello all, i recently purchased and 08-09 Impreza nav head unit model: 86271FG010 to install into my wifes 2010 Forester. Looks like this... http://www.cars101.com/subaru/forester/forester11backupcamera4.JPG

A fellow member directed me to these forums but somehow cannot get what i really need. I rigged up a battery charger to turn on the head unit and found it did not have any dvd navigation in the unit and will only display "please insert dvd" or something like that.

I was told to search for others vacation pictures BUT im starting to think that's for said Manuels and the nav stuff i search for is not under that criteria. Excuse my noobness.

I've searched high and low, and found that the Toyota/Lexus navi maps will work BUT I came to realize that I do not have DVD DL burner....:mad:. I am seeking for help in obtaining said DVD nav so i can proceed with the install of this radio into the Forester.

If someone is in the chicago area or nearby and willing to "borrow" a copy of said dvd's, i would gladly compensate for their time to help and materials.

Thanks fellow LGT-ers.

Archived