LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

IPT has an in-house 4EAT. It is their "shop" car. So they have had lots of time to figure that one out (without customers cars). I too have heard they make "huge" power on 4EAT's. But, my personal experience with an IPT VB is, not so good.

i wanna transplant a 4eat if its more robust.

From research the 4eat is capable of holding more power longer than the

00-04 5MT's. Stock it's supposedly safe up to 350hp +\-. That's assuming you can keep it cool.

I'll be running dual trans coolers once I go turbo. Possibly with a bypass valve in case it gets too cool out.

Anywho done hyjacking this thread, want to know more, make a thread and pm me or make the title obvious, we'll share info.

Edited by FUIAAE

There is a trans cooler install thread. Google trans cooler install legacygt

thats not necessarily what i was saying though... thats an install thread, i'm talking about a thread that pinpoints on temperatures, and setups and logs of temps and ways around it and what not...

like i figured out the other day, that after my car has been driving 30 mins plus, it sticks to 170-185 while driving 35mph+ normally not beating on it, and when i simply come to a red light, i literally see it start to slowly climb, and it will climb to 190-200ish, which i have learned is a danger zone, i guess my cooler being in front of my radiator, being the first thing to be hitting that air is acting as a fan, so if i would have kept the fan on it that it came with, i'd def be over cooling... i also did not have a/c on at that time, my shop told me to try to run the a/c because it runs the fans, sure enough it actually climbed slower than not having the a/c on... i found this stuff interesting lol

Danger zone? How do you know it is a danger zone? If the 5eat has lasted 100k+ on a lot of LGT's this cant be a dangerous temp as we all sit in traffic, usually daily. When you're driving on the highway cruising, with a tranny cooler, your temps will be a lot lower. Thus, in my opinion, below the operating range the torque converter most efficiently operates in. Although it would have to be pretty sub-optimal temps to prevent proper tc lockup (like during a warmup stage, the tc wont lock bc cold atf). I still think the tc prefers temps controlled and managed by the engine radiator. If you dont track the car, i dont see the temps getting consistently high enough for long enough to roast a tranny or severely shorten its life.

I'm just going by the the guidelines i was given and what a-lot of people in my area believe in, am i sure its true? No i'm personally not sure about a-lot of things lol especially this trans stuff, its just a guideline i'm staying by for peace of mind...

I really wish i'd of monitored my trans temp before all the mods and vb...

Do i think my transmission is capable of reaching too of high temperatures without tracking it? Yes, i do like to drive like i'm tracking it :spin: of course, whats the point of all the mods i did without getting some fun? and the other day it jumped up past 220-230 suprisingly pretty easily, considering my autometer trans temp gauge only goes to 250, i'd consider that 230 is not very healthy for it...

Ipt did stuff for 5eat before he started making them for the 5eat. So 4eat should be next on the agenda :)

See OpenSSM stuff for 4eat. You can re-do line pressure with that for the 4eat.

Just installed HexMods VB in my Stg 3 '06 Wagon.

Shifts were instantly better, even before the TCU relearns whatever it relearns. A couple of times a hard 1-2 shift but it's not consistant.

Have not shifted WOT, but have at 15psi of boost (car is tuned at 19.5) and that is a huge improvement. Engagement is quick and solid. Downshifts are the same.

Huge thanks to ClimberD for all of his time and effort that went into this.

Well done!

Wife tells me car is down shifting oddly.

I was going to pull the radiator and replace it with a Mishimoto, at the same time re-routing the OEM cooler piping (to allow more room for the FMIC piping) and be cooling with just the 4454.

This would accompany a fluid and filter change (car is coming up on 60k). But I have zero confidence in the tranny still. Even on a VF-40 with stock fueling, seems stage2 (w/a FMIC) is already giving the 5EAT fits again. Thanks IPT. :mad:

Help me ClimberD, your my only hope.

Somehow I don't think the tranny is your weakest link. :)

if my tranny lasted through 2 motor pulls and the scenario that caused it, im gunna say it's the stronger of the contenders.

• 1 month later...