LegacyGT.com

Brake size upgrade

Hello, I would was wondering if any of you knew if the front brake caliper from a third gen legacy GT limited would bolt on directly to a legacy L , I think there's about a half inch rotor size difference, thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes they should be all the same. If the L has smaller rotors then use the caliper bracket for the L, not the GT. If the GT rotor is larger and you aren't going to use the larger rotors then the caliper will end up sitting too far away from the rotor.

I've got an L with the stock 15's as well but just bought a set of 17's.

If i grab calipers from a 3rd gen GT and new rotors everything will fit?

Any other gen calipers that are a direct bolt on, or just the 3rd gens?

My reference level is my 2nd gen since I haven't messed with the 3rd gen yet. Subaru dictates which wheels came on the car by which options and brake sizes the car came spec'd with, so the GT came with 16s so the only real problem you'd normally face is having to put 16s on the car in order to clear the brakes. With my 2nd gen, I was able to upgrade from the 9.5in rotors and single calipers to the GT 10.8 rotors and dual piston calipers, I didn't even have to trim or remove the dust cover, everything was a direct bolt on. As far as I know, you can pretty much run any caliper and rotor combo on any subaru. As long as the wheels clear and you don't start running into stuff like ABS and wheel speed sensors.

Archived