LegacyGT.com

BEST sway bars. Your opinion.

I really like my Hotchkis setup for a daily driver.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

hollow bars if you want to save weight (hotchkiss)

avo or jdm 19mm if you want to save money (rear bar only matches the front stock bar well). Endlinks not necessary for this size bar.

All other brand 22-25mm bars are the same, they're just big metal sticks with holes on the end. Just get whatever is on sale. You won't notice a difference between a whiteline 22mm solid bar and a perrin 22mm solid bar performance wise. The bigger you get, the more likely you'll need stiffer endlinks.

i used to run cusco 21-23 mm adjustable, had it set at 22 (middle hole) with GTspec end links, and it was toooo much for daily driving. Id recommend 19-21. or like said above, something OEM but thicker.

Hotchkiss made the bars for Cobb. They work fine, but mine rusted after a couple of New England winters. They are a bit harsh if you want plush luxury. But they do exactly what they are supposed to do: flatten out the car in turns so it feels better. I don't see too much feedback from people using Cobb whom actually know how to drive, so I cannot comment on actual balance. A lot of it has to do with your spring/strut selection too. More research...
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

perrin 22mm adj. up front, perrin 25mm adj. in the rear (rallitek endlinks f&r + AVO rear stout mount reinforcement brackets). Front bar on softer of the 2 settings, rear bar on stiffer of the 2 settings.. As you can see, I dont like understeer :D.

Love my perrins, shame they stopped producing the rears. My buddy has Cobb f&r 25mm hollow bars on his 04 wrx wagon. Nothin bad to say about them. If I were just coming into the market for sways on my LGT, those (meaning the Cobb/Hotchkis bars) are definitely what I'd go with. Providing you dont mind a harsh(er) ride. That was never a deciding factor for me anyway :).

-Jake

Perrin Adjustable 22mm front and rear (based on Perrin recommedations for neutral handling). Koni Adjustable shocks w/ RalliTek springs all around. Stock endlinks so far with no problems, but then I drive like a granny. Probably will upgrade to RalliTek endlinks later this spring.

Hotchkiss front and rear sways and links, w/ AVO reinforcing brackets

Bilsteins/ Pinks

Less plushy (mushy),

-way- less body roll.

Bumps and pot holes are more noticeable/louder but not harsh at low speed- the faster you go, the better it gets:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hotchkiss front and rear sways and links, w/ AVO reinforcing brackets

Bilsteins/ Pinks

Less plushy (mushy),

-way- less body roll.

Bumps and pot holes are more noticeable/louder but not harsh at low speed- the faster you go, the better it gets:)

For the bilsteins, did you do a "full" conversion kit -> http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/bilstein-subaru-legacy-gt-suspension-conversion-kit.html

or just the bear minimum? http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/bilstein-hd-strut-and-spec-b-top-hat-kit.html

For the price, it seems to be a better value to go with koni's.

well, i'm just looking for less body roll. how does too much stiffness affect the ride in a negative way?

sway bars don't do anything to ride stiffness unless you are driving on uneven roads. The stiffer the sway bars are, the less independant your suspension is.

For the bilsteins, did you do a "full" conversion kit -> http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/bilstein-subaru-legacy-gt-suspension-conversion-kit.html

or just the bear minimum? http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/bilstein-hd-strut-and-spec-b-top-hat-kit.html

For the price, it seems to be a better value to go with koni's.

Bare minimum, re-used everything I could. As to value, of course that's your choice. Probably all good...

^^ Holy crap on the price of Bilsteins, glad my car came with them, phew !!

I have a heavy duty Cusco front strut bar and my rear sway bar (which came with the car) is a Cobb. I also have lateral links and they all work very nice my only complaint is due to the NE weather they dry out easily and they need to be re-greased every 6-9 months.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

I've got Perrin front and rear adjustable 25s with the front set to the softest setting and rear to the stiffest. I like my oversteer. But perrin discontinued its Legacy sway bars (the only reason the fronts are still available is because they are the same as the 08 wrx), so you'd have to go used.

It depends on what you want to do with the car. To stiffen up the daily commute a 19mm rear and stock front will suffice. If you're seeing some track duty or want more performance go with a 21ish bar and endlinks. They're all pretty much a metal tube like marky said.

It's cool; I'm with the band

• 7 years later...

Archived