LegacyGT.com

wheel paint input needed

levihamernik

So I picked up a set of 2010 LGT wheels a couple months ago. Only issue is that they're powder coated bright green and one is pink. :eek: I used citri-strip gel on the pink one and got the majority of the powder coat off. I want to paint the rims but don't necessarily want to drop 100+ on getting them blasted and re-powdercoated. I am wondering if I could just sand the powder coat down a bit to ruff up the surface, and then paint them with a couple coats of either dupicolor or rustoleum wheel paint. Also any Ideas of what color to paint them? I'm thinking either a hyper silver or gunmetal grey, but I am open to suggestions.

Here's what I'm working with:

avete9ut.jpg.6f450c495bcb38309feaa6ab74787e66.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I would sand blast the wheels for best results, but if you're on a budget, it won't hurt to sand down the powder coat.

As for the colour of the wheels. A look that people don't do often but looks very nice is colour matching the rims to the car. This is assuming it is a dark colour. It's subtle and looks very clean. Especially if your car sits nicely on it's suspension.

Take a look at this video for some inspiration:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Archived