LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. I mean, wow.

I'm not into politics, but it bothers me when people bring it into something that has nothing to do with politics. You could have said something else and made your point better.

+1

I did, It sounds like a case of quality vs. quanity. I would NEVER consider driving an american Car, much less a buick. Furthermore, this Legacy thing is a pitstop between a 911 after Law school.

well dipshit, our cars may be Japanese owned, but they are built in America by American workers to American specs so what's the difference?

good luck practicing law. you seem highly educated and unbiased. you should do well :rolleyes:

well dipshit, our cars may be Japanese owned, but they are built in America by American workers to American specs so what's the difference?

good luck practicing law. you seem highly educated and unbiased. you should do well :rolleyes:

And conversely, many "American" cars are made in Mexico and Canada by Mexican and Canadian workers... {shrugs}

Who cares about nationality? THIS IS A 500+HP engine being put in a Legacy!!! I want MOAR PICS and VIDS!!!

Seriously, there are some awesome fabrication skills on display here. Can't wait to see this done.

I did, It sounds like a case of quality vs. quanity. I would NEVER consider driving an american Car, much less a buick. Furthermore, this Legacy thing is a pitstop between a 911 after Law school.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass, douchebag.

I've been following the thread, awesome build frankster! Question: Are you starting with a GNX or any old 3800? I know you're putting pistons in it and a new turbo so it probably doesn't matter, or does it? You said on the first page that the stock crank and rods are good for 700+hp, is that all 3800s or just the GN/GNX?

Stock crank and rods are specific to the turbo Buick model. In other words if you use normally aspirated rods and a crank they won't last long. The stock turbo Buick crank has rolled edges on each journal to make it stronger.

GN, GNX, Turbo T and T-Types all have the same drive train. However, the GNX has a different center section in the turbo (I think the wheel is ceramic which enables it to spool faster) and a different chip as well as rear supsension and rims.

I've had a turbo Buick for 15 years or so and they are awesome in a straight line but IMO the factory stopping power and handling leave alot to be desired.

I love my LGT. First Suby I ever owned and it's my favorite car...I like it better than any of the GNs I had or my T-Type I have. The LGT stops well and handles (still a ton of room for improvement on the LGT) much better than the Buick.

Frankster is doing a great job. It probably has been covered somewhere in this thread but how heavier is the Buick motor than the Suby motor?

I've been following the thread, awesome build frankster! Question: Are you starting with a GNX or any old 3800? I know you're putting pistons in it and a new turbo so it probably doesn't matter, or does it? You said on the first page that the stock crank and rods are good for 700+hp, is that all 3800s or just the GN/GNX?

its 3.8 not 3800. 3800 is newer 88+ style engine. they have balance shaft and what not.

88-95 3800 are quite strong. but have diffrent camshaft head and intake designe.

96-01 have crossbolted mains but powderd metal rods and 1" shorter deck height meaning shorter rods. very strong bottem end weak rods. but will accecpt the same piston as grand national.

mine is out of a 87 buick centuary or park avenue and you would know that if you read through the posts !

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Stock crank and rods are specific to the turbo Buick model. In other words if you use normally aspirated rods and a crank they won't last long. The stock turbo Buick crank has rolled edges on each journal to make it stronger.

GN, GNX, Turbo T and T-Types all have the same drive train. However, the GNX has a different center section in the turbo (I think the wheel is ceramic which enables it to spool faster) and a different chip as well as rear supsension and rims.

I've had a turbo Buick for 15 years or so and they are awesome in a straight line but IMO the factory stopping power and handling leave alot to be desired.

I love my LGT. First Suby I ever owned and it's my favorite car...I like it better than any of the GNs I had or my T-Type I have. The LGT stops well and handles (still a ton of room for improvement on the LGT) much better than the Buick.

Frankster is doing a great job. It probably has been covered somewhere in this thread but how heavier is the Buick motor than the Suby motor?

this engine out of the front wheel drive has crank shaft with rolled edges and the rods are bigger and beefier than a big block chevy rod and identical to a gn.

as for the turbo i'm using my favoite holset hx35. so its not a gn or gnx its better :)

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

When do you plan to have the exhaust finished and put up a video of you driving this beast.

Inquiring minds want to know...see and drool

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

its 3.8 not 3800. 3800 is newer 88+ style engine. they have balance shaft and what not.

88-95 3800 are quite strong. but have diffrent camshaft head and intake designe.

96-01 have crossbolted mains but powderd metal rods and 1" shorter deck height meaning shorter rods. very strong bottem end weak rods. but will accecpt the same piston as grand national.

mine is out of a 87 buick centuary or park avenue and you would know that if you read through the posts !

actually the Hot forged powdered rods didn't kick in til around 04 for the L32 code supercharged. their actually pretty strong and reliable but if your looking for more than probably 450-500hp i'd say they wouldn't hold. L67 code ran from 96-03/04 and were just plain old rods.

actually the Hot forged powdered rods didn't kick in til around 04 for the L32 code supercharged. their actually pretty strong and reliable but if your looking for more than probably 450-500hp i'd say they wouldn't hold. L67 code ran from 96-03/04 and were just plain old rods.

http://blogoscoped.com/files/someone-is-wrong-on-the-internet.png

Nice first post! Welcome...