LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Impreza line changes?

Things I would like to see:

- Door inserts like the 2009 Forester has (large plastic doors are ugly and feel awfully cheap)

- Navigation as an option on the automatic

- Paddle shifters for the automatic

- A limited trim model introduced

- Harmon Kardon speakers.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect major changes, here is why....

- For the first time ever, dealers have $1000 incentive to sell the stock that is still around

- Very attractive short term leases

- Subaru is blowing out SPT parts for the 2008 WRXs

- From a dealer standpoint we cannot order any more 08 WRXs, but we can still order regular 08 Imprezas

- At a training session two months ago SOA did a refresh for the 08 WRX to let us "remind everyone how much fun the 08 WRX is"

I like the utility of the WRX hatchback, it's more than I'd ever need. My issues are - no navigation in the automatic WRX, the cheap plastic doors with no inserts, the 4EAT (at least offer generic paddle shifters to make it easier to swallow). Stepping up to a Forester XT would correct most of this, but - I don't actually need the added weight, added size, loss in performance/handling, and the hit in gas mileage that comes along with an SUV.

Gas Mileage:

2008 WRX: 20/25 (with automatic)

2009 FXT: 19/24

gee, it seems as if they are handicapping the WRX almost as badly as they've done to the Legacy GT.

One wonders when they'll get the clue. C'Mon SOA.

Aside from the outdated automatic unit, the concept of the 5-door is pretty spot on. Where it fails (epicly) is that it seems unfinished - the FXT and WRX interiors should be close to identical, yet the FXT has what seems like better trim pieces. What's sad is that the 2009 FXT has a $2000 CHEAPER MSRP price than an automatic WRX, and the FXT doesn't look nearly as cheap as the WRX interior. :eek:

Oh, and the little fact that the Impreza is ugly as sin. The concept of a 5 door is not a problem, their execution is far from ideal, even if just counting the styling.

But gee... interior niggles, transmission availability problems, optional equipment restrictions, and SUV models getting the upper hand, and the cars languishing on dealer lots...

Gee that doesn't sound like Legacy at all.

I can't recall the magazine but Subaru stated they plan to do some updates to address the big backlash they have received online and from the media...

I foresee the WRX getting some kind of performance or suspension upgrade, maybe smaller than STi fender bulges, bumper and grill treatment, get rid of those awful tailights, and updating the interior like mentioned above...hope to God they get rid of that white interior and just do black in all colors...or maybe a real taupe

I can't recall the magazine but Subaru stated they plan to do some updates to address the big backlash they have received online and from the media...

I foresee the WRX getting some kind of performance or suspension upgrade, maybe smaller than STi fender bulges, bumper and grill treatment, get rid of those awful tailights, and updating the interior like mentioned above...hope to God they get rid of that white interior and just do black in all colors...or maybe a real taupe

The desert beige was an attractive interior color few years ago on the WRX Limited and the FXT Limited.

part of the reason I bought my 08 STI is because it is NOT the same body style for once as the impreza or WRX line. If I'm paying the freaking $$$ for a better car, than I don't want every little ricer boy slapping on an STI wing and looking identical to my car! That's what pisses me off! so they'd better not change that... I like having a UNIQUE looking hatch that does NOT look like any WRX or Impreza hatch. Thank you SOA, at least you did that right! but the overall design of the new impreza/wrx hatch needs to be addressed because it's too bland.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

White interior? I'm not sure what you mean by this. Subaru will be reluctant to put any sort of light colored interior in any 2009+ car

White interior? I'm not sure what you mean by this. Subaru will be reluctant to put any sort of light colored interior in any 2009+ car

A little exaggeration... the desert beige (basically an off white) is offered in way too many colors w/o a darker interior option. If you don't want the light interior you are regulated to DGM and Silver...

I certainly hope they are done with the ultra light colored interiors...I can't understand still why Subaru offers a beige/taupe interior in so many colors without a darker grey or black option. If they can take any learnings from Mazda offer a black interior and be done with it...talk about in the interest of saving money.

The WRX in 08, isn't offered with a light colored interior patterns. The regular Impreza is.

Look at the 2009 Forester, the "light" interior for 09 is about equal to what was called the "dark" interior for 2008 and older.

For new car inventories the Subarus with dark cloth interiors always sell faster then the ones with the tan cloth interiors.

The WRX in 08, isn't offered with a light colored interior patterns. The regular Impreza is.

My bad I was referring to the Impreza...I just bought my sister one and that was her biggest frustration was that awful light interior. The saving part of the sale was the best color DGM was offered in the black interior.

I hope they ditch that light color all together in 09

• 1 month later...
part of the reason I bought my 08 STI is because it is NOT the same body style for once as the impreza or WRX line. If I'm paying the freaking $$$ for a better car, than I don't want every little ricer boy slapping on an STI wing and looking identical to my car! That's what pisses me off! so they'd better not change that... I like having a UNIQUE looking hatch that does NOT look like any WRX or Impreza hatch. Thank you SOA, at least you did that right! but the overall design of the new impreza/wrx hatch needs to be addressed because it's too bland.

Snob ! :lol:

Here in Canada there is currently a huge "end of season" sales ($4000 cash rebate) promo on all Imprezas except the WRX-STI. I doubt they would do this if there are no major changes for the 2009 MY.

Archived