LegacyGT.com

Learning View - Insight Requested

I don't see a LV, just a log.

On a different note, what's up with your intake temperature having a range of nearly 100F? Let me guess...you're not on the stock intake?

And why does your MRP consistently exceed your target boost? You're hitting 16+ but I never see your targets at anything more than 14.4...

Interesting. Stock bpv? I'm guessing you've cleaned your maf and filter? No vacuum leaks?

Stock bpv. Cleaned maf. New paper filter. No leaks I am aware of.

Slight rough and low idle in gear and what feels like a miss fire between 2-3k light throttle in 5 gear.

The misfire feeling, idle and knocks concern me.

What do I tell my tuner?

How do I pull a learning view?

Well it was about 45f out. I stopped a few times to review the logs and the temps rose. I'm stock intake.

Does something appear to be wrong with my tune?

I can't really tell from what you've logged and without looking at your tune. You should be wondering why you exceed your boost targets though... They're targets for a reason.

Are you running a MBC? You logged the wrong WGDC parameter. You logged the max.

You pull a LV by running the LV program, or you pull it from RR under one of the menus if you have the latest version of it. Or you search! *kick* You've been here long enough to know.

Coil packs are all fine I'm assuming. I recall a few threads about the stock bpv sticking open and causing similar symptoms. Might just pop it off and see if it sticks. Only takes 5 mins

I think it's ok but how would I test it?

I can't really tell from what you've logged and without looking at your tune. You should be wondering why you exceed your boost targets though... They're targets for a reason.

Are you running a MBC? You logged the wrong WGDC parameter. You logged the max.

You pull a LV by running the LV program, or you pull it from RR under one of the menus if you have the latest version of it. Or you search! *kick* You've been here long enough to know.

MBC? Master boost controller? No.

LV and I are fighting. What parameters should I log? How concerning is being 1.6 psi over target regularly?

Manual Boost Controller.

You're not supposed to log with LV. YOu just run it and take a screenshot and post it. Search damnit!!

1.6 over consistently isn't normal. A spike is fine if you don't knock, but you're not spiking. You hit 16+ and STAY up there for a while. Properly working boost control shouldn't be like that. Targets are targets for a reason. They should be something your BC system tries to hit and maintain and stay near.

Manual Boost Controller.

You're not supposed to log with LV. YOu just run it and take a screenshot and post it. Search damnit!!

1.6 over consistently isn't normal. A spike is fine if you don't knock, but you're not spiking. You hit 16+ and STAY up there for a while. Properly working boost control shouldn't be like that. Targets are targets for a reason. They should be something your BC system tries to hit and maintain and stay near.

I found the app online to run on its own. Going to pull it when I get down to the car in this AM.

The boost error is all over the place. While accelerating mid-rpm I'm getting 1.6 over, but towards the top end I'm getting up to 5psi error. At the top end it appears the ECU is calling for 14.4 from the turbo but getting 11psi.

While this is happening it appears I'm getting knock. The ECU is adding 3-6.5 degrees of corrective timing under "Knock Correction Advance (degrees)"

This is a problem right?

Yes, if you're at elevation that perfectly explains it.

As far as knock goes, no, you're interpreting it wrong. Knock Control Advance is really just Dynamic Advance (adds/subtracts timing as it sees fit.) Positive number means you're adding timing (good). Negative means you're retarding timing (bad.)

Boost error is supposed to go all over the place when you're accelerating, decelerating, braking, etc. When you're accelerating hard at WOT, the boost error is supposed to decrease though in general, because turbo dynamics will make adjustments.

Archived