LegacyGT.com

Is this wilwood ebay find a good deal?!?

LegacyMUN2k6

That is not an official Wilwood kit but one that has been put together by a shop.

They basically took and 04 STi rotor and pieced together some Wilwood Superlites and made a matching bracket to space them correctly. They then made the lines to match the fittings and added the pads.

This may not be a bad kit but they may not have picked the proper piston sizes to match the Legacy. I cant speak for brakeswap but I am sure they put some research into their kit

We are actually making a similar kit to put on our Legacy and it is not that hard to piece together, you just have to make sure to keep brake bias in check either by a proportioning valve or upgrading the rears. Our plan is to upgrade the rears. We have no interest in reproducing these kits but feel free to ask any questions. Prices listed below are retail

2004 STI Rotor: Centric 120.47019 $82.79 x 2 = $165.58

Left Caliper: Wilwood Superlite 120-7476-L $165.99

Right Caliper: Wilwood Superlite 120-7476-R $165.99

Stainless Brake Line Kit: Wilwood 220-7009 $59.99

Brake Pads: Wilwood BP-10 7420 $65.99

2 Custom machined brackets $140.00

Total: $763.54

With this setup, you end up with a 326x30mm 4-Piston front brakes.

We are actually making a similar kit to put on our Legacy and it is not that hard to piece together, you just have to make sure to keep brake bias in check either by a proportioning valve or upgrading the rears. Our plan is to upgrade the rears. We have no interest in reproducing these kits but feel free to ask any questions. Prices listed below are retail

2004 STI Rotor: Centric 120.47019 $82.79

2004 STI Rotor: Centric 120.47020 $82.79

Left Caliper: Wilwood Superlite 120-7429-L $165.99

Right Caliper: Wilwood Superlite 120-7429-R $165.99

Stainless Brake Line Kit: Wilwood 220-7009 $59.99

Brake Pads: Wilwood BP-10 7420 $65.99

2 Custom machined brackets $80.00

Total: $703.54

With this setup, you end up with a 326x30mm 4-Piston front brakes.

Sweet, part numbers! I was going to ask if anyone had the PN's for the Wilwood calipers. Everything is available from Wilwood I'm sure minus the brackets which would be toughest to attain. I think if you do a small run of these kits, they would sell and quick.;)

We aren't really interested in stocking all the parts but if there is interest in the bracket, we can talk to our machine shop to produce a larger quantity and everyone can buy the rest individually

I would also be in for some brackets. Do the calipers fit on a stock LGT rotor without a bracket? Does Wilwood even have a LGT-fitment caliper?

You don't really need a larger rotor with the 4 pot Wilwood. The caliper itself will increase the brake torque a fair amount. I like the fact that LGT rotors are cheap to replace. The change in brake bias isn't a huge concern. The rears are still so small. :lol:

-Franz

You don't really need a larger rotor with the 4 pot Wilwood. The caliper itself will increase the brake torque a fair amount. I like the fact that LGT rotors are cheap to replace. The change in brake bias isn't a huge concern. The rears are still so small. :lol:

-Franz

But where can we find a bolt-on Wildwood rotor for the LGT? Does that even exist?

The Wilwood rotor hat that bolts on to the Legacy is 170-6990. They run about $158 each. As an example I picked one of their curved vane rotor discs which is 160-8165 and 160-8166. They are $165 each. The sizes of the discs I picked is 332mm x 32mm.

Your total cost for two front rotors would be $646 and future replacements of the discs would be $330 each time

Since this is not too much of a step up from the stock Legacy rotor I do not think it is worth it except for the bling factor

I would also be in for some brackets. Do the calipers fit on a stock LGT rotor without a bracket? Does Wilwood even have a LGT-fitment caliper?

The caliper dimensions are proper for a stock LGT rotor but the bolt spacing is different so the only way they can fit is with a caliper. Wilwood does not have vehicle specific calipers for the most part except for some of the older domestics. Most of their kits come with brackets

I'll take a look and see if that is possible. Since there is not too big of a difference in size I am not sure if there will be enough space to do a bracket

What about a bracket to use a larger sti rotor with the stock lgt caliper, I would down for that also.

We are taking some measurements today and will make 2 brackets. Once that can bolt up to the Legacy rotor and once that can bolt up to the STi rotor. Once we have them made up we will post a thread with the information as well as pictures.

I will also check with some vendors to see if they can offer the rest of the package (calipers, pads, lines) to you guys at a good price.

I spoke with one of the Wilwood vendors on the phone and I am going to send them the specs of the kit and they will see what they can do to put a package together using all the parts listed and our brackets. We will have an update in a couple of days

I spoke with one of the Wilwood vendors on the phone and I am going to send them the specs of the kit and they will see what they can do to put a package together using all the parts listed and our brackets. We will have an update in a couple of days

sweeeeeeet....

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

brakeswap.com (magnetic1) sells a Wilwood superlite caliper-only kit, designed to bolt on and use the stock size LGT rotors. I gotta say $70 per rotor vs $330 per rotor is a huge deal for me and most LGT owners :lol: The kit comes with lines, pads, and mounting hardware.

-Franz

I recieved some more information from the supplier and it looks like we can offer the following:

Option 1: Big Brake kit using stock rotors

includes calipers, brackets, pads, and lines

Price: $579

Option 2: Big Brake kit with STi rotors

Includes STi rotors, calipers, brackets, pads, and lines

Price: $729

Option 3: Big Brake kit with 332mm 2-Piece Wilwood rotors

Includes Wilwood rotors, calipers, brackets, pads, and lines

Price: $1249

Please reply to this thread and let us know if there is any interest and which option

Archived