LegacyGT.com

Smoking diagnosis 08' Legacy GT.

I know you can't diagnose a problem without seeing the car but maybe a point in the right direction possibly. When I start the car after work and it's been sitting all day, it blows out a big cloud of blue smoke, then dissipates....however, once at operating temperature, (195-200ish), I'll I give it some gas and rev it and it will still spit blueish smoke.

So...turbo maybe? Valve guides?

Going to have a friend follow me through town tonight and see if it smokes while driving regularly, taking off at stop signs and such, and also if it does under load. Maybe that info will help you guys. Thanks!

Mod list if it helps: vf52 turbo, grimspeed intercooler, catless invidia downpipe, Perrin cat back exhaust , spt intake , new block, internals (Manly pistons And rods, ARP headstuds), gates racing timing belt, new clutch, valves , gaskets , lines, tgv deletes , v3 access port, new cv axles from Subaru , and a killer B performance oil pan. It currently dynos at 301.5 WHP and 310 WTQ The engine work was all done 7k miles ago at PRE In P.O., OR. Running motul oil currently.

Archived