LegacyGT.com

Second Gen. Aftermarket Parts and Upgrade Guide (Superceded)

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • I Donated
Kartboys 02-07 WRX shift levers, rear shift bushing, and front shift bushings fit 95-99 Legacys as well. I've confirmed this tonight with an install on my 95 Legacy

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Kartboys 02-07 WRX shift levers, rear shift bushing, and front shift bushings fit 95-99 Legacys as well. I've confirmed this tonight with an install on my 95 Legacy

Woot! By "shift levers" you refer to the shift handle? So short shift kits will work?

• I Donated

Yeah the handle the that the shift knob screws onto.

I'm talking about this

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/Kartboy-Short-Shifter-and-Bushing-Combo-Subaru-Impreza-2-5-RS-2002-2007-WRX-w-SPT-STI-Shifter

everything in that kit

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Hi,

Wanted to see if you were able to confirm that this fits.

I found a good intake pipe deal on Ebay from OBX. Its just the piping for a CAI but is super cheap and has all necessary ports for our 94-98 Legacies (4 Total).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99-SUBARU-IMPREZA-2-5RS-OBX-DIY-COLD-AIR-INTAKE-PIPE-/390289291596?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ASubaru&hash=item5adf0df94c

So for this WRX fronts/H6 rear brake upgrade....are people buying SS brake lines for a legacy, or for a wrx?

Or ss lines wrx front/legacy rears.

I read in cameroncamera's thread that he used legacy lines, but then the rears he had to set it up differently. How bout other people who have done this upgrade? I'm collecting parts now and ready to do it myself, but am wondering bout the SS lines.

So for this WRX fronts/H6 rear brake upgrade....are people buying SS brake lines for a legacy, or for a wrx?

Or ss lines wrx front/legacy rears.

I read in cameroncamera's thread that he used legacy lines, but then the rears he had to set it up differently. How bout other people who have done this upgrade? I'm collecting parts now and ready to do it myself, but am wondering bout the SS lines.

Was wondering this as well.

I think it's really all how the brake line attaches to the strut. WRX and Legacy SS brakes lines will work.

So in other words you can use WRX brake lines or Legacy lines.

UNLESS you are using H6 rear calipers which I *Believe* have 2 lines on each side.

I think it's really all how the brake line attaches to the strut. WRX and Legacy SS brakes lines will work.

So in other words you can use WRX brake lines or Legacy lines.

UNLESS you are using H6 rear calipers which I *Believe* have 2 lines on each side.

Hence the confusion....because everyone who has upgraded to H6 rears, as far as I know, used 1 piece ss line per wheel (either legacy or wrx ss lines), not 2-piece per wheel like the car the calipers came off of.

Nope cause they could care less about us and the guy on RS25 just keeps having problems getting them out the damn door.

Ah okay. I'm trying to find a 95 ej22 so it's dual-port but the one they sent today was a piece so we sent it back to the yard.

the strut bars wont fit as the width of the wrx's are wider. you will need to look for gc impreza 95-01 struts bars both fronts and rears. get the low profile ones with just the bar going straight across as if you were to get one the angled ones meant for jdm turbo rs's you will have to turn the bar around so that the hood can close properly.

as for the tie bar. i got no clue and the car in that picture isnt a subaru( most common subarus 95 and up have thier exhaust on the drivers side and there is no rear diff on that car lol)

So I ordered 95-01 Impreza Strut Up Bars for my 98 LGT. Why did this not fit correctly? I had to extended the base plates out a good inch on inch side. I don't think this will hold up.

Mark

the mounting plates on both ends extend and will even come off...it'll hold up

the front struts are already so close to the firewall that the amount of stress that bar will take will never be enough to damage it or even put a questionable amount of stress on it

Ok, I am glad that this information is correct and noted. I had to tilt the bar toward the firewall for the fronts strutbar, but it did work and it does seem sturdy. 94-01 Impreza front Strut Bar confirmed for 98 Legacy GT Sedan.

the mounting plates on both ends extend and will even come off...it'll hold up

the front struts are already so close to the firewall that the amount of stress that bar will take will never be enough to damage it or even put a questionable amount of stress on it

Waiting for my STi struts to come in.

• 2 weeks later...