LegacyGT.com

Survey: How many people on the board own an OB?

Guest *Jedimaster*

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess it had to happen sooner or later. :(

I usually take a hammer after an un-obvious place as soon as I get it home --- I FORGOT this time...

Sooner is a little less fun than later, but you are right. Hope this is the last/only ding for you for a very long time!

Well - Tuning is the obvious first answer - nothing on '07s yet. Lots of parts related to that.
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

what could you be missing that you dont have better in the OB?

Availability of stuff......but more importantly...trying to accesss the stuff the "engineers" at Subaru buried.

So far.....getting to the OEM horns...NOT easy.......getting to the rear overhed brake light.....NOT easy. Haven't explored to find the fuel filter.....its obviously NOT in a readily accessible spot. Quick check leads me to believe a plug change will NOT be a cake walk. Access to the headlights looks like it takes some removal of things also.

Not to mention the supposed " eye candy" dual exhaust. Make NO sense to me.... the tips are not even visible......but all the piping is....duh.

OK......being trite ...the puppy doesn't even have 400 miles on it. It surely is hansome...inside and out....and I am a big fan of Subes.

I'll try to keep things positive and try and learn about the new machine.

Subaru's maintenance-friendly engineering is one of the things that did impress me. There are always tradeoffs, so perhaps some infrequent items like plug changes or timing belts are going to be a bear.

I thought the exhaust and suspension are relatively well packaged. Sure, you can see the pipes, but the mufflers are tucked in well--it's not the hideous rear view of many sedans and SUVs. I'd guess dual mufflers help reduce noise without too much added backpressure. Not sure why Outback tips are hidden and Legacy tips are visible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...