LegacyGT.com

Thoughts on my new to me 2007 Legacy GT 2.5 Wagon...

Hey ya'll:

Traded in my Lexus IS250 a few weeks ago for something with more room. What's interesting is that the Legacy was on my short list back in 2007 before I bought the Lexus.

I've been very happy with the Legacy. More connected to the road and better steering feel compared to the IS. The IS steering is very strange. Almost unconnected to the road and "floaty" is the best way I can describe it. Very numb with no feedback.

The Legacy HP is unreal when you lay your foot into it. I've been very pleased with it's performance. Definately a sleeper. Cargo space is on par with medium size SUV's from what I can tell. Fit and finish, although not as refined as the IS, is very good. I'm looking forward to tooling around in snowy weather that we sometimes get here in Georgia, which seems to shutdown the roads around here. :icon_roll I've been stuck in my neighborhood for several times in the past few years.

I think I made a great choice and "upgraded" to a car that is going to be more enjoyable for years to come.

Looking forward to learning more about the car! But can't sink too much money into it. I have an E28 535i that needs some TLC. :D

I can relate to the floaty steering. I reposessed a Pontiac G6 GXP and it had Assisted Steering. I will never ever touch that stuff! I was in the deep snow with that thing. I felt so disconnected with the car I feared I would steer off the road whenever I hit a patch of ice. Anyway Nice Pickup. Change the oil regulary and all will be well with the wagon.

Welcome.

The Subaru is cetainly not as refined as the Lexus (my mother has an IS250 AWD) but as a typical Lexus, lots of driving enjoyments are muted. Typical Lexus.

LGT wagons are a hoot and I'm still glad I bought mine after 6+ years. I'm not about to give up on it yet... I fear that my next car won't be as satisfying.

Welcome to LGT.com. There's a ton of really useful information on the site and the members are ready, willing and able to pitch-in when you run aground or can't get past a mile-marker. Search is your friend - just let everyone know that you can't find what you're looking for and someone will point the way.

Beyond that, welcome to the brotherhood of LGT wagonistas. We have a some would say superior attitude towards our lesser-endowed sedan brethren but it's just like any 2 kids in a family, everyone is...well...different. After 6+ years of ownership, it gets sweeter with each passing day, especially since I know that it's one of only a few 5MT wagons, and it puts a smile on my face, every time I light it off and hear it burble. The performance is astounding for a USDM production car and with few mods, gains some serious street and track cred.

Enjoy your new ride, enjoy the site, but most of all, enjoy the fact that you've made the leap to a really nice, well-equipped, go-fast grocery-getter that most people have no clue is as good as it is.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Yeah Legacy GT and 2.5i wagon production concluded in the US with the 2007 line. However, I understand that Canada continued to sell GT and 2.5i wagons until the end of the 4th gen run in 2009, some with 5MTs... Would love to have been in on that drug deal between SOA and SOC, especially since they were built here in the U.S. for export to Canada.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Welcome to LGT.com. There's a ton of really useful information on the site and the members are ready, willing and able to pitch-in when you run aground or can't get past a mile-marker. Search is your friend - just let everyone know that you can't find what you're looking for and someone will point the way.

Beyond that, welcome to the brotherhood of LGT wagonistas. We have a some would say superior attitude towards our lesser-endowed sedan brethren but it's just like any 2 kids in a family, everyone is...well...different. After 6+ years of ownership, it gets sweeter with each passing day, especially since I know that it's one of only a few 5MT wagons, and it puts a smile on my face, every time I light it off and hear it burble. The performance is astounding for a USDM production car and with few mods, gains some serious street and track cred.

Enjoy your new ride, enjoy the site, but most of all, enjoy the fact that you've made the leap to a really nice, well-equipped, go-fast grocery-getter that most people have no clue is as good as it is.

:yeahthat:

No one, in particular, but someone did question the fact that wagons were sold in the US after 05-06. Interestingly, said post has been deleted.

:unamused:

My apologies. I obviously missed that post. ;)

Archived