LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

I've got 98,5xx on my 2005. It was stage 2 since 70k, and it's had a VF52 for the last 2k. Timing belt is the next big thing to do.

So far the car's eaten an A/C belt, blew off a vac hose, and needed a clutch (My fault on that one..). Pretty impressed so far. Hope it gives me many more problem free miles.

120k quickly approaches. Burns maybe 1/2 quart of 5w40 every 3k miles, and stg1 since 70k miles. Will be going stg2 in the next month or so.

Recently maintenance:

-both valve covers and spark plug gaskets

-passenger axle, and then both axle seals

Probably gonna grab a backup turbo this year, just in case.

I'm the original owner of a 2007 spec.B. No oil consumption between ~5k OCI using a variety of oils; dino early on, synthetic from about 50k to about 90k, now sometimes dino, sometimes syn. No oil burning between changes. Original turbo running stock tune (dealership reflashed years ago due to stuttering). Average 27mpg with cruise set to 70mph.

Replaced two wheel bearings under warranty. Replaced brakes at 50k when I took it over from my wife and today will be putting on new rotors(Thanks Oakos!) to get rid of the front end shimmy under braking. Original clutch. I replaced the OEM Bridgestones with Conti DW's when I did the brakes at 50k. I'll need to replace those later this summer should I decide to keep the car. I installed front and rear anti sway bars and the AVO re-inforcements along with a Kartboy shortshifer (Thanks again Oakos) last summer. Need to get my Supertones installed as one horn stops working on occasion.

All in all a solid car. My first non-SVX Subaru and the first Subaru I've purchased new. I've autocrossed it a couple of times when my 5 speed swapped SVX wasn't ready to play but I prefer NA for autocross.

2005 BSM Legacy GT wagon 5mt with 145,000 miles all by us since new:

Major stuff considered repairs:

Rear wheel bearings (warranty)

Alternator

Starter

Spark plug coil (recent) - skipping

Clutch throw out bearing

Front Calipers x 2-both seized

Still rocking the OEM turbo which I attribute to my 3-4k OCI with whatever dino. Motor still does not burn a drop of oil between changes.

We skipped the water pump during timing belt replacement so let you guys know how long OEM one is good for.

Can't tell you how good it is to hear this kind of info in a forum where it seems every other topic is "Turbo died" or "Need new turbo" etc. I'm using Rotella T6 in my '05 LGT wagon and sticking with 3,750 OCI. I figure it's not that much more than a good dino oil, maybe $6 tops for an oil change so why bother with dino. Plus at 6,500' elevation the turbo up here is being used more anyway.

• I Donated
Original clutch.

Interesting. The clutch on my Spec.B was close to shot when I took it out a couple days ago at ~70k. I still had some friction material on the disk, but didn't have the raised blocks anymore.

Also took out the banjo bolt filter. Clean as a whistle. Briefly toyed with putting it back in, but I'm going to be upgrading to the IP&T filtered line soon anyway.

Interesting. The clutch on my Spec.B was close to shot when I took it out a couple days ago at ~70k. I still had some friction material on the disk, but didn't have the raised blocks anymore.

No slipping under load noticed at all. I've been driving stick shift cars for 30 years now:eek:. I'm easy on the clutch and haven't had many issues. Dad trained me well I guess.

anyone had their plastic panel that's on the back of the drivers seat start to come off? looks like it's held on there by clips. I'm not sure why this is happening or how to fix. is this where the air bag deploys?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

anyone had their plastic panel that's on the back of the drivers seat start to come off? looks like it's held on there by clips. I'm not sure why this is happening or how to fix. is this where the air bag deploys?

I had the side plastic panel on the passenger seat do that a bit - that was from me snagging it on something a time or two, though. I've also had the panel on the passenger C-pillar that deploys for an airbag pop off a time or two.

In both instances I put a drop of pookie (permatex black is my general fix-all go to) on the plastic clip, put it back in place and held it a bit or put pressure on it if it needed it. Nothing has come loose since.

I think

a: the force of an airbag would blow off the part even with the bit of glue

b: the odds of me having a catastrophic accident with someone in the rear seat is probably lower than me getting hit by lightning.

c: even if one all the airbags didn't deploy the odds of someone living or dying in the backseat of my car would not change.

:)

-Clif

223344 miles and 1.1 on trip, kind of cool.

I'm going to ruin my surprise, but I'm going to try my best to capture 123,456 miles and 789.0 on my trip. If I can only remember to hit reset at 122,667 miles. About 2,700 miles away.

66,546 miles and during my last fuel fill-up, I added 1/4 qt more of oil; usually have to add 1/8 a qt... Yes I measured.
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

• 2 weeks later...

Still rocking the Original Motor & VF-40 Turbo with 15k OCI. Stage 2+, custom tune at 18.5psi. at almost 220k.

Pics. of bottom of engine with oil pan remove.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/0328132030_zpse01f0f58.jpghttp://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/0328132059_zpsc873e54e.jpghttp://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/0328132057_zps3d53bf8b.jpghttp://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/0328132054_zps88be02d8.jpg

Clean enough you can read the stamp lettering on the connecting rods.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/0328132101_zps3274215b.jpg

Original OEM oil pan (which was replaced do to rust blisters) with no metal flake.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/0328132116_zpsc521a2cc.jpg

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

i wonder what mine would look like. i dont' have the place/time to look though.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos