LegacyGT.com

Noise from left front

When I am driving in a straight line it's no problem. But when I turn LEFT just a HAIR it starts making this metal noise like metal on metal. I checked the rotor shield but it's no where near the rotor.

I am afraid it may be a wheel bearing. But I am not sure why that would do that when I turn left only. I think it would do it no matter what way.

Any suggestions? Could the caliper not be de-compressing properly?

No vibration. And it's not when I am perfectly straight. There is no noise. Only when I turn left even just a slight amount. I have pad left. I just replaced them maybe a month ago.

Could my spring do it? What could it be. It bugs the shit out of me when I am near a guardrail and I can hear it really loud.

• I Donated

Jack up the wheels and spin them while holding the spring. If its the bearing you will be able to feel it in the spring.

Maybe the strut mound grinding?

Sent from my Android powered HTC HD2

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
im not sure, just get under the car and look around, maybe you'll notice something

im not sure but look around for rubbing marks and maybe u'll find something

lol

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I can tell my wheel bearing is on its way out (it has VERY little play but it doesnt have some) but it isn't making any noise yet. I think it's coming from my caliper. I tried to regrease it all (even the brake clips) and it stopped for that night. But it is now back.

I should mention it only starts to squeak (when turning left) after I have used the brakes I would say half a dozen times or so. So I am unsure what is the cause of it. I could recreate the squeak sound by pushing on the caliper and it sounds like it is coming from there.

• I Donated

Brake hardware I bet.

Grease both sides (top and bottom) of every piece of hardware....but clean them really good first....like iwht a wire brush or something. Make them shine like brand new.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived