LegacyGT.com

under the knife...

dropped my girl off to AZP this past saturday for a bunch of work.

I do most of my own mechanical work however my condo parking lot was not the place for this round of work.

The team at AZP have never let me down.

So on to the list...

Blouch 1.5xtr 10cm 3in inlet

AVO 3in inlet

Killer Bee Style Manifold (custom fabricator)

38mm EWG up pipe

IAG fuel rails

IAG fuel lines

ID1000's

3mm phenolic spacers

IAG TGV Deletes

Aero FPR

new OCV's

Moroso oil pan and pick up

Group N motor Mounts

Some more Whiteline bushings for the rear end

valve cover gaskets

Tune to be completed at EFI Logics by Mikey

oh she will be respected for sure, been off the road all summer, cant wait to driver her again. not even concerned with final power #'s. i dont street race, i dont track the car, i just like knowing i could if i wanted to. this will complete all modifications other then stereo.

Right the dyno #'s are for bragging right's. My 280whp feels great. The car will run a high 12 second pass with my son driving.

2nd and 3rd gear pulls are a blast on the back roads passing other cars. The car is so quick in those gears. Your going to love it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

cant wait to see how youll like it...i mean LOVE it...sounds like a sweet setup...im wanting more after my setup...may go built shortblock in the next year...mikey is great...he did my stage 2 tune and current tune in Chicago

Goodluck and lets see some pics/vids :cool:

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

ive been sitting at EFI #'s 270whp 300wtq for 2+ years tuned by Lance Lucas during his stay at EFI. R.I.P. Chris.

The 5eat beafed up with ClimberD valvebody has been my favorite mod to date, coupled with good bushings all around, 1 piece drive shaft the feel is downright awesome.

if i can atleast brake into the 300's hp and stack on some more torque id be happy.

I know the 1.5xtr wont spool like a BNR16g but with killer bee style manifold you never know.

she has felt fantastic the entire time, never a hiccup! I look forward to Mikeys work but i will miss Lances. 121,xxx miles so im going to keep it safe as to prolong the #inansb scenario. I dont need her for daily activities anymore i do have a secondary car to take most daily driving activities off her back, and keep her for cruising and leisure.

One piece driveshaft, tell me more. Been thinking about that lately.

Where did you get it ?

Beginning of last June my carrier bearing started to scream as well as u joints at both ends. My VIN falls as late 04 build before a production change in shaft. No one could get me a stock shaft.

Removed mine measured it and had drive shaft shop custom build me one. With shipping it was $5xx. I have had no issues with it. I went aluminum not carbon fiber. Carbon fiber is $$

Im really hoping the grimmspeed intake is out by then. Going to have EFI dial me in for around 18psi, tapering to 15 or so on the 5eat shift.

20lbs on my16g was fun, i recon 18 on the 1.5xtr fully supported other than internals will provide a smile a mile wide.

would like to preserve my block for now, savings have begun for a shorty though

well due to some type of base map mix up, the base map Mikey sent over was unusable i believe it was built for 5mt not 5eat. AZP and the guys got the car all buttoned up just waiting for new map to test drive and then take her home.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived