LegacyGT.com

Eibach Springs for Legacy GT

F22-raptor

Just received my Eibach Springs for the Legacy GT :D To my knowledge they are some of the first ones here. They actually say Fedner on the side and have the sheath on the bottom etc. I was informed these were actually made in Germany. They look really nice and will be installing them Saturday. They drop about the same as the STi Pinks but have a little higher spring rates. Anxiously awaiting to see what they can do Wheeeeeee.

How come you got the eibach's instead of the pinks? I noticed that when I put new rim and tires on the car, it made it feel like I stiffened up the shocks even more than before. The ride is nice but pretty stiff, and going over quick bumps on the freeway now, I notice the car just jumps over the bumps, like a motorcycle would. Feels as tight as I wanta go! So forget about the whole coilover, How hard do I need to turn in, the car already feels freakin sweet now with awesome handling.

[I][B][U]If you only knew how awesome a MATCHED set of springs and shocks (coilovers) feel[/U][/B][/I] ;) Coilovers just that.. (well, a very good set anyways). It's too bad Hodgeee that you dont live near me cuz I would throw you my keys to take a spin in my car.. the bad thing about that is that I wont get my keys or my car back :lol: KanosWRX drove my car around a bit when I first had my Zeal coilovers and swaybars with Falken Tires.. it's night and day.. he can tell you more from his experience. And yes, it DOES get SWEETER than THAT! :p Keefe
Keefe

yes, it's worth it. I can justify for them because you are not just getting springs.. you are getting matching shocks that are adjustable, you are also getting (for some models) 2-way spring pre-load and ride-height changes, and you are also getting (for most models) upperball pillow mounts with camber plates to dial in whatever amount of camber you want. Most coilovers are actually designed to take up less space, save weight, and allow you to put in wider wheels and tires if you are inclined to do a tire/wheel upgrade. So yea, I can justify all of it.. I justify the price more by doing autocrosses and track events to get most out of them. The Zeals I chose to run on my car is very public road friendly.. it passed the "parents and girlfriend" ride test... (they couldnt tell, they thought it was just the car in a stock form). Keefe
Keefe

Well I don't autox at all yet and I already have a lot better tires. So I feel with springs I accomplish what I am trying to do. Give it better turning and give it a more aggresive stance/look. The reason I didn't get the pinks is the pinks were about 120-150 more. I can't see spending 385$ on a set of springs.

Yeah, Keefe's car was awesome to drive, felt so good. Like a lot of people here though I don't know if I could spend that much money (just can't afford it). Although I know Keefe puts them to good use. His setup felt so nice, even on the softest setting, I noticed the difference, but I could see how less experienced people would not notice it. Turn in was very quick (lots of camber) and it just felt so nice to not feel the car roll so much. But I will probably have to look for something in the middle of the road, probably some take off spec b struts and springs if I can gather enough money even for that. I would also like the sway bars too, to help reduce that body roll. Also I would really like a ride in a car with STI pinks, or better yet a test drive in one, just to compare the difference between that and stock.

I don't know what the exact rates are. I was told they were slightly higher than the STi but were modeled after the pinks. Eibach in general has had a rather good name as well. I wouldn't think they would put out junk. Tho there is always flukes :D I will find out Saturday when I install them.

Hmm, might have to bite the bullit next year and try coilovers. I always wanted to try a set in one of the many cars I have owned. Just always thought that they would be to stiff or ruff. Plus I have enjoyed this car more than any that I have had before, and coilovers would be real cool with all the other mods that I have done and plan on doing!

So the Springs are on. I can tell a slight difference in ride quality but not much at all. A tad of drop in the back right now. Nothing in the front so I am waiting to see how much they settle. Turn-in is quite a bit quicker. I also found out I have a blown strut. Happened I guess when I hit a pothole and blew my tire a while ago. Would explain the shuddering. :) But all in all great springs for the money. I paid about 230$ for them. I will have some pics when they settle. Right now the car still looks stock. I put the springs right next to the old ones and the new ones were the same height as the old ones (that were settled) So I do expect them to drop a bit. Not much tho. Bumps and speed humps are still 95% as easy as stock.

[quote name='F22-raptor']So the Springs are on. I can tell a slight difference in ride quality but not much at all. A tad of drop in the back right now. Nothing in the front so I am waiting to see how much they settle. Turn-in is quite a bit quicker. I also found out I have a blown strut. Happened I guess when I hit a pothole and blew my tire a while ago. Would explain the shuddering. :) But all in all great springs for the money. I paid about 230$ for them. I will have some pics when they settle. Right now the car still looks stock. I put the springs right next to the old ones and the new ones were the same height as the old ones (that were settled) So I do expect them to drop a bit. Not much tho. Bumps and speed humps are still 95% as easy as stock.[/QUOTE] Whoa...no drop? Interesting. Did you measure before and after? Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']Whoa...no drop? Interesting. Did you measure before and after? Kevin[/QUOTE] Nope. I am going to go to my local Subaru and measure a stock one and then measure mine. I do feel these have some settling to do as well. My Celica looked pretty stock for a couple weeks until the springs settled when I changed that out for a 1.5" drop springs.

[quote name='hodgeee']Hmm, might have to bite the bullit next year and try coilovers. I always wanted to try a set in one of the many cars I have owned. Just always thought that they would be to stiff or ruff. Plus I have enjoyed this car more than any that I have had before, and coilovers would be real cool with all the other mods that I have done and plan on doing![/QUOTE] The bullet isnt that hard to bite ;) Once you go into coilovers, you wont want to go back to anything less. A good set of coilovers that FIT YOUR DRIVING NEEDS wont be too stiff or rough at all. Buying a set of RACING coilovers for smooth-as-ice roads (not ICEY roads :p ) for public road driving isnt going to be fun.. same goes for using rally coilovers for tarmac racing, that doesnt work either. Keefe
Keefe

Archived