LegacyGT.com

Centric replacement calipers for 05 LGT?

Gmoe

While I agree that brakes aren't something to cheap out on, I don't think that non OEM = cheap necessarily. The reason I'm shopping in the first place is because of a problem with an OEM caliper so I'm looking for less than stealership rip off prices to replace them both while I'm at it.

While I agree that brakes aren't something to cheap out on, I don't think that non OEM = cheap necessarily. The reason I'm shopping in the first place is because of a problem with an OEM caliper so I'm looking for less than stealership rip off prices to replace them both while I'm at it.

Those look great. I'd powder coat or g2 them for color.

Thanks everyone. Saving me some $$$ now to put towards a future BBK hopefully. I'm also eyeing these from Cardone. A tad cheaper and actually look identical in shape/design to OEM which is cool because I may really cheap out and just do the one that's sticking for now. I feel like the Centrics would be better quality though...not sure why if they are both just reman'd OEMs. Better brackets etc.?

A1Cardone is a major supplier of re-manufactured parts to almost every auto repair shop in America. Not to mention every Auto parts store in America. While you might have had a bad experience, to call a company that sells thousands of parts a day (with no issues) "crap" is a bit harsh.

Cardone is 0 for 3 on my car (all new parts, not remanufactured). The water pump casting was so bad that I couldn't tighten the bolt for the timing belt idler - the threads just collapsed before I felt any resistance. Two axles (bought as NAPA and Autozone house brands) literally blew up (cloud of smoke, parts bouncing down the road) after 200 and 50 miles of interstate cruising (no launches or other abuse). With that track record, I'll never knowingly buy another Cardone part.

• 3 years later...

I would highly recommend not purchasing Centric Reman Calipers. Their rotors and pads are good, but the calipers are a different story. I purchased both my fronts. Within a year one started to seize up and had to be replaced. 5 months later the other side seized up. Their re-manufacturing process is not good. The anti-rust coating only lasted about a month and that was in August/September with very good weather. My car is also stored in a garage year round. I ended up replacing with Nugeons from Napa. So far so good and they looked very nice out of the box.

Update: After about 7 months one of the Nugeons started to seize on me as well. The other is still good for now.

• 2 years later...
Bumping this thread to say that I don't recommend Centric reman calipers either. I replaced both of them only for the driver's side to freeze up 6 months later. Now, 2 years after the original install, the passenger side is seized.

Archived