LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

@rng: looks like there is too much output level from your cable. I'm personnally using a similar setup with a Griffin Autopilot and I don't have any distortion problem.. Does your unit work fine when used with the headphone output of your ipod?

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@rng: looks like there is too much output level from your cable. I'm personnally using a similar setup with a Griffin Autopilot and I don't have any distortion problem.. Does your unit work fine when used with the headphone output of your ipod?

Yes, it works perfect with the (iPhone) headphone output with volume at 75%. Maybe the cable is the problem...

Just checked out the Autopilot: do you use the hi or low setting?

Edited by rng
looky looky

Yes, it works perfect with the (iPhone) headphone output with volume at 75%. Maybe the cable is the problem...

Just checked out the Autopilot: do you use the hi or low setting?

low setting. The output level is almost the same as through the headphone at 80% of volume.

Those of you using aftermarket dock cables, please mention whether or not you get the "not designed for" nag screen on your device.

No nagging with the cable I got. But it causes another problem:

low setting. The output level is almost the same as through the headphone at 80% of volume.

That solves my problem. I need to buy this cable! Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...
hmm-- tell your postal workers to quit crying, I want mine... my unit was ordered on the 9th I just looked to see wtf was going on .. apparently you are having a postal strike up there eh??

the canadian postal service is supposed to be back to life today.

@derkahn: You should receive your package soon. I just hope it have left the duty before the Canada Post lock out. IF not, it may take longer to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm going to have to switch my cable to the Griffin Autopilot. Or any other line-out level cable that has the hi/low switch- anyone know of one? I'd prefer to just have a USB plug and not the 12v cigarette plug. I wonder if there's just a little electrical work I could do to bring the level down on its way to the HU.

Edit:

Do you guys think this item will work:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Koss-155954-VC20-Volume-Control/dp/B00001P4XH/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1310412012&sr=1-13]Amazon.com: Koss VC20 Volume Control: Electronics[/ame]

Just put it in line from the dock connector to the Leptronix unit, and bring down the level a bit? or will it still suffer the same problem of sending 100% audio out?

Edited by Brock Samson

random question...I won't have large chunks of time this week to do the whole install.. any reason why it would be bad to drive around with the radio un installed from the car? fuse,short, cel, alarm? as I think I can take it all out today , go to work tomorrow then tomorrow night do some more then solder and finish thursday or fri.

thanks,

When i first installed the aux-in it worked great. But over time the music and sound would only play through the left speakers. When the radio and cd player is on, the music will play through all of the speakers so the speakers are not the problem but the aux-in will still only play through the left speakers. I changed out the aux cable and still have the same results. I also tried different i pods and mp3 players as well. Can anyone help with this?

We may have the first defective unit since the beginning. Please contact me (pm or email) and we will arrange for a replacement. But before doing so, please ensure that all your cables are in good working condition.

• 2 weeks later...

In case I haven't stated this before: this kit is THE BEST!!!

Sound quality is perfect, install is easy, no 80 min blank CD (I had the other aux-in for a while) and it just works. You don't even have to keep your radio in CD mode: flip it on and sound comes out, radio or CD mode.

Auto-switching works awesome. Only problem I had with it: using it as my hands-free for my cell if I am talking too long and the other person is listening and not making noise it'll switch off, which means the radio comes back on while I am talking. So I put it in "always on" mode and its perfect.

My CD player in my Subaru is totally dead. The usual cd changer jam that seems to happen to these after a few years (of playing the same blank CD all the time...) and this still works perfectly.

So GET IT! If it fits your car, get it. The difference in price is negligible compared to how well it works. Its less than 2 tanks of gas here in CA.

Received my aux-in a couple days ago, all OK. Now I need to install it.

I need to cut one end to hook up a female jack ... I'll have to pay attention to the wiring to not mix up left/right channels, eh?

Fishbone: just buy the right cable. It won't be worth the soldering trouble, and it'll have the right strain relief molded in to the cable.