LegacyGT.com

Still on my original brake pads @ 70k

When the car was in for service at 60k the tech commented that it was surprising that the car still had its original pads so I've been conscious of the fact that I will need to replace them soon. With that in mind I thought I was finally hearing the squeaker this week so I bought pads and pulled a wheel off. To my surprise the pads still look like they have a lot of life in them and so I just put the wheel back on. I do drive like a grandma and the CVT is helping I'm sure, but did anyone else get 70k+ miles out of their original brake pads?

Edit: 2011 2.5i CVT

most of my cars have made it well over 100K on front pads

1994 Accord 125K before I did brakes

1998 Accord V6 sold at 100K original front brakes

2002 CL type S 90K

2003 Subaru would have made it to 100K but due to pin failure had to do them at 70K

2014 Legacy only have 34K on it and the brakes are still well over half pad

I am a big fan of coasting down to lights and gentle driving

Pretty sure mine are original at 76k miles. I just put the second set on our Tribeca at 160k miles still on stock rotors, and they actually looked decent. But since I had already bought replacements I changed everything and greased the slides.

On a related note has anyone priced OEM pads? Holy cow! $90 for the front set and $96 for the rear...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

...$90 for the front set and $96 for the rear...

I've seen them at online vendors for around $65 front / $60 rear. Not too outrageous, I guess. Some dealerships will offer an online discount or price match.

Pretty sure mine are original at 76k miles. I just put the second set on our Tribeca at 160k miles still on stock rotors, and they actually looked decent. But since I had already bought replacements I changed everything and greased the slides.

On a related note has anyone priced OEM pads? Holy cow! $90 for the front set and $96 for the rear...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

for 5th gen you can get the whole kit from Subaru for about $70ish front $62 rear

https://smile.amazon.com/Subaru-26296-AJ010-Disc-Brake/dp/B00L2OWMDQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1492297509&sr=8-7&keywords=2014+subaru+legacy+oem+front+brake+pads

https://smile.amazon.com/Genuine-Subaru-Rear-Brake-26696AG051/dp/B00J4UQCMW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1492297384&sr=8-2&keywords=2014+subaru+legacy+oem+brake+pads

Anyone use those Akebono pads? They look decent. I feel like picking pads is like picking wheels. So many options...KNS had said that the HPS 5.0 would be the best for the 3.6R but I hear great and terrible thinks about Hawk pads.

Oh, and I'm probably on original rotors and pads too. Brake check in fall had them at 6mm front and rear I think. 64k miles but I'm almost all highway.

I have had Hawk HPS blues on two cars and loved them. Great bite.

IMHO if you activate the antilocks when you mash the pedal, and you aren't tracking the car at all, then you're pads meet your needs. Better tires are the best brake upgrade.

I replace my front and rear pads at 73k miles with Akebono ACT. The front had about .3mm. The rear had .7mm left.

Anyone use those Akebono pads?

I run Akebono in my daily vehicle's. I like them allot no brake dust. It's great for the street. For Track use I don't recommend it. There better pads out there.

On my track car I'm running JDM Mugen-Power rotors with Mugen-Power pads.

Pretty sure I'm still on my stock pads, and they're starting to go around 52k for me. Going to replace the rotors too since I'm getting some troubling vibration currently, I figured why not. Going with KNS 4k rotors and HPS 5.0 pads. I'll report my thoughts after driving on them for a bit.

I guess I am hard on brakes as I just replaced the OEM pads & rotors at 45K, then again I drive mostly in town with very little highway so shorter pad life is to be expected.

Replaced the stock set-up with Centric Premium Brake Rotors and Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads...liking this set up so far, but then again I just drive a N/A 2.5.

I replaced the rear stock pads and rotors at 89k when I got a sticky caliper back there. Front pads were getting low at that point too, so I slapped on some cheap AutoZone pads at my next oil change and put new OEM pads and rotors on the front at 114k.

I guess I like the gas pedal more than the brake, lol. And do a lot of engine braking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived