LegacyGT.com

Invidia Q300 too quiet for my tastes...

Funkyman831

I bought the Invidia Q300 since it has gotten great reviews, and it is a good exhaust. Very good sound but lacks in volume I think. I kind of want something louder. For some reason some people said it was really loud... but it truly isn't. What is one of the loudest exhausts, and would anyone like to trade? :)

Straight pipes. They make a lovely noise if you don't mind being 'that guy.' I only survived it for so long. But catless downpipes still pass DEQ here at least... I don't know what inspections you're talking about though. That being said going from straight piped with a stock DP to the same pipes with an Invidia catted DP made a significant difference. I believe I've heard the FMS is quite loud, one of the cheaper ones though- not sure about fitment. Here is a video of my car (taken by the previous owner) with its straight pipes and the stock DP: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyRWhpCdAAs]Subaru Legacy muffler and resonator delete - YouTube[/ame]

Sounded great, it just was too much for me after a while.

My CNT catless DP didn't change the sound of my stock CBE at all. No mufflers was way too loud for me so I'm looking at an aftermarket CBE now.

EDIT: Look into the different JDM aftermarket exhausts they are pretty damn loud. Pricey too though.

+1 This

I've got the Q300 w/ a catted downpipe.. it's pretty loud...

Once you put on a downpipe you will see that the q300 will no longer be quiet. Any louder and i would be getting tickets, which another member here who lives in my area used to get with a catless dp and same q300 exhaust.

I have had it on for several years now and with a perrin catted downpipe its quite loud.

Even a stock exhaust with a Aftermarket downpipe will be louder. Just remember the exhaust note changes after carbon build up. It will get a slight bit deeper tone.

If you really need a loud exhaust look into a magnaflow, perrin, or nameless i believe make muffler delete "mufflers".

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

I have a Magnaflow with a 3rd muffler in the downpipe. I would consider a trade, but you'd have to make your way down to the miserable beaches of Gulf-coast Florida.

...and whoever it was that told you a catted DP wouldn't affect sound doesn't know what they're talking about. I have a catted DP. When I changed to that from stock, the volume was unbearable. Hence, the 3rd muffler.

Tits mcgee

I've been meaning to make a comparison video of Dov and I. I have the q300 v3 with a catted Invidia DP and he has the v2 with a catless Invidia DP. Maybe I'll get around to that soon. I think the DP will open it up enough for you, unless you're looking for it to absolutely scream and attract everyone's attention around you.

I've been meaning to make a comparison video of Dov and I. I have the q300 v3 with a catted Invidia DP and he has the v2 with a catless Invidia DP. Maybe I'll get around to that soon. I think the DP will open it up enough for you, unless you're looking for it to absolutely scream and attract everyone's attention around you.

Please upload that. I am considering putting on a catless dp and am worried it might rasp it up too much.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Please upload that. I am considering putting on a catless dp and am worried it might rasp it up too much.

Next time our cars are together I'll try to snag a video. I don't think his is too raspy, it is really just a massive volume increase.

I also have an Invidia catted down and a Q300 and I think its annoying. I bought the car like this and would not have picked it myself. It drones on the highway and is just generally annoying.

I've never really had drone. I do listen to music on the highway generally but I'm not blasting it ever. Odd. You sure you don't have a leak or anything somewhere?

We need to do that before I put my uleh and exo gate on then. There is a huge difference between mine and scoobyroo's, the cat being the only real difference. It's mostly a volume difference but there is a slight tone change too. Mine is pretty dam loud when you are on it. Your 2(3 if you still have the UP too) cats are whats making you quiet. Do you have a tail pipe test you need to pass? If not a tune will, which you should do anyway, will make you pass DEQ. You must have an issue mass-hole, even catless I don't get drone.

Thanks for the input guys, this will be my next project after I get my TOB fixed. Getting the 06 wrx flywheel and clutch put in. Gonna be great! I understand you have to get a tune after a downpipe, is that correct? I should get a tactrix cable so I can have someone open source tune me.

That's correct. People seem to love the tactrix cable. No experience with it myself but it seems to be the best option! Since you have an 05 you could also get the VAG-COM cable but I think the tractix is more better... I just dont remember why haha. Read the tuning sub forum for better info.

I do have the Vag-Com cable... but I can not get the damn thing to use the correct drivers. None of the programs pick up the cable. I used the drivers that it came with, as well as the drivers that were listed in that Tuning sticky thread for Vag-Com cables. I hear tactrix is way easier....

I do have the Vag-Com cable... but I can not get the damn thing to use the correct drivers. None of the programs pick up the cable. I used the drivers that it came with, as well as the drivers that were listed in that Tuning sticky thread for Vag-Com cables. I hear tactrix is way easier....

Good to know. Keep us posted!

Archived