LegacyGT.com

I drove a Lgt

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='ssaldana']with your age, expect to pay out the ass in insurance on a wrx.[/QUOTE]What he said. But, other the other hand, I think $5,000 (at least $200/month) a year is not unreasonalble as a life lesson in economics. With a $1,500/mth take home after taxes job, $200/month in gasoline, $200/month in insurance, $500/month car payment and $50/month set aside for maintenance and NO other expenses, owning a new WRX could be a real quick lesson in economics. That all said, if you can swing it and you're mature enough to handle the car, then go for it. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='LzyKid4Life']Went to the dealer last night and test drove the legacy gt. I'm only 18 and I loved the car and was planning on getting it, but then I drove it and now I'm debating if i should get a wrx instead now.[/QUOTE] Please get the wrx, I'd like my insurance to stay low for the Legacy. I don't want to see a Legacy recked trend

As others have said: 1. The WRX is slower than the Legacy 2. Insurance is higher on the WRX 3. The Legacy handles better So if you were disappointed by the Legacy after driving one, you should drive a WRX next, then get back to us. :)

While I agree with points 1 and 2, I am not sure a Legacy can outhandle a WRX. Shouldn't the Impreza-based WRX be better due to shorter wheelbase? Surely Subaru has tuned the WRX to have a sportier handling characteristics than a Legacy. I'm comparing 05 models for both cars. Also the WRX will provide a higher visceral thrill than the Leggy. Both cars are designed with different philosophy.

[quote name='JessterCPA']What exactly is the threshold of this description? :)[/QUOTE] I think if you compare the rates for the same driver on different cars within the same price range / similar performance, you will see the WRX off the scale compared to others for this guy.....18 and male is probably the worst category for insurance, short of someone with LOTS of violations. For me, the WRX insurance monthly would have been almost more than the cost of the car per month....LGT was the cheaper route. I'd rather put the money into a "nicer" car than just give it to insurance. Luckily i will see that nice price drop for insurance in just a few months....

if you get the wrx, just a few things to take caution: 1. the turbo may spool up at 12mph, causing you to potentially run into an SUV. 2. your throttle may get stuck, causing you to take a corner in a residential area at 80mph, and resulting in you losing control and running your car through someone's house, and taking with it all common sense to either hit the breaks or swerve the car into another direction as evasive action. 3. you may have the urge to stick a porsche TURBO emblem on the trunk of your wrx. 4. you may have the urgency to post about your mishaps on a messageboard, citing that it was the car, and not your dumbass fault that these things happen. dont say we didnt warn you:lol::lol::lol:

It's not that I like slower cars, or the insuarance issue I've never gotten into any accidents or tickets since I've had my license (2 years). I just think its a little to luxury for me, I've wanted the lgt since January and never second thought about getting a different car. But since the drive I think its a little to luxury for what I want to do with the car ( auto cross/road courses). That is why my mom is getting Lgt now. As for me, I think im going to get a Wrx. And I have driven both car's. and Why should it matter what I go with Lgt or Wrx? Its still a Subaru, its not like I'm gonna go get a Civic.

I had a WRX wen i was 18, but of course, insurance was under my dad's name, and it kept it to like 100 dollars a month. BUt alas, that car is gone now. I do miss the turbo and the racer car demeanor compared to my 2.5i. I sometimes regret not stepping up to the LGT. Finances came first then, but now...but I'm happy. Loved the WRX wen i had it tho. Oh by the way, i didnt rice it out, or take neighborhoods at 80 etc. I did get a speeding ticket within 3 months of having the car:D , but it wasnt my fault! the car wanted to go too fast!

[quote name='Subietonic']What he said. But, other the other hand, I think $5,000 (at least $200/month) a year is not unreasonalble as a life lesson in economics. With a $1,500/mth take home after taxes job, $200/month in gasoline, $200/month in insurance, $500/month car payment and $50/month set aside for maintenance and NO other expenses, owning a new WRX could be a real quick lesson in economics. That all said, if you can swing it and you're mature enough to handle the car, then go for it. SBT[/QUOTE] What 18yr old do you know making $1500 take home a month? Did McD's bump the minimum wage??? lol :D
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

[quote name='LzyKid4Life']well the legacy is. isn't it? compared to the Wrx? and like I said I'm still getting a Subaru.[/QUOTE] I suppose for Subaru but its far from a luxury car I don't consider a good looking dash to be luxury just because the WRX interior is lack luster. The Legacy is just a more solid car to me and has much more potential and better dynamics stock then the WRX does.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

I'm not surprised at all by your reaction to the LGT. It is luxury and I would think (and based on your comments I suspect) you want something else that screams "performance" instead of "luxury" or "refinement". Can't blame you. You're 18. Makes sense. I want luxury and refinement. I'm 52 and have an LGT. Makes sense. But up until a few months ago, I had a WRX. Make sense? Yes, when you consider that I'm an 18 year old at heart!!! Get what you want and what you can afford and don't be overly influenced by what other people think. Oh, and don't be a lazy kid for life, OK? Good luck with your decision. Cheers,

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Archived