LegacyGT.com

My baby dirtied my baby!

Well, after only 1800 miles, she's dirty. I went to pick up my son from daycare yesterday and they said he was feeling a little ill. Well, he did it, threw up right on the back seat. I love my son and all but, man, I was livid. My brain started going through the decision making process of being really angry or sympathetic towards my son. Well, I'm a good dad, so I cleaned him up, washed his face down with a cold, wet towel, and let him lie down in the back seat. Of course, my wife looks over at me on the way home and asks if I was crying. I replied that I was just sad that Brandon was not well and left it at that.

Kyle

P.S. I was out until 10 pm detailing the inside of my car while my wife took Brandon to the minor emergency (he threw up about 5 more times when we got home). It turns out that he was just feeling the effects of heat exhasution from being outside in the heat at school.

I've got two myself, a 2 year old and a 4 year old. I've got bath towels (same color as the interior) underneath their car seats draping down to the floor mats. that way any spillage, crumbs or upchuck will hit that first. I also keep 1 or 2 extra towels in the trunk and a container of baby wipes for quick cleanups:p

I feel you though. first time my kids ate in the car I about freaked out.

glad your sons is ok.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Oh, you know my luck, they're cloth. C-lo, I was teh same way. I went out and bought a black towel to keep under his car seat. I'm going out today to get another towel, bench seat cover, and 2 seat covers for teh front, just because. :lol:

Kyle

yeah, gotta do the same to the wife's car. she's got the cloth interior and guess who gets to clean it when it's dirty???:D:mad:
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Glad the kiddo is OK. :)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Of course, my wife looks over at me on the way home and asks if I was crying. I replied that I was just sad that Brandon was not well and left it at that.

Hahaha!! That made me laugh. Kind of like one of those commercials with the stereotypical male obsessed with their cars, but don't want the girlfriend/wife to know.

Oh yeah, glad both babies are ok.

Thats great, I got my LGT to avoid stains from my kid in the back (or at least thats what I tell everyone) because its got leather. Hes only 2 months now so hes still keeping it all pretty much on himself.

P.S. I was out until 10 pm detailing the inside of my car while my wife took Brandon to the minor emergency (he threw up about 5 more times when we got home). It turns out that he was just feeling the effects of heat exhasution from being outside in the heat at school.

Glad your son is OK, heat exhaustion can be a VERY serious issue if not treated.

This is my first brand new car since having a kid.

I gotta tell you, I don't know if I'll ever get used to the fingerprints, scuff marks on the seats/doors from shoes, ect. ect.

Then there's that sick feeling I get when all the neighborhood kids are riding their bikes around in circles around my brand new car in the driveway. . .

This is my first brand new car since having a kid.

I gotta tell you, I don't know if I'll ever get used to the fingerprints, scuff marks on the seats/doors from shoes, ect. ect.

Then there's that sick feeling I get when all the neighborhood kids are riding their bikes around in circles around my brand new car in the driveway. . .

hit your panic button a couple times when they are around it. that'll keep them further away from your car:D

Well, after only 1800 miles, she's dirty. I went to pick up my son from daycare yesterday and they said he was feeling a little ill. Well, he did it, threw up right on the back seat. I love my son and all but, man, I was livid. My brain started going through the decision making process of being really angry or sympathetic towards my son. Well, I'm a good dad, so I cleaned him up, washed his face down with a cold, wet towel, and let him lie down in the back seat. Of course, my wife looks over at me on the way home and asks if I was crying. I replied that I was just sad that Brandon was not well and left it at that.

Kyle

hope you told the school about that. they should have been more observant of that.

Im glad your son is ok, but damn I know how you feel. I cringe everytime my girlfriend takes my car when shes the DD for her sorrority. I have heard way too many horror stories and she knows damn well never to tell me if it happened, she'd take it to a professional cleaners before giving it back because she knows how much it means to me. :lol:

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Dude, it is just a car. I would have been pissed at the daycare for letting your kid get to the point of heat exhaustion. People die from that! You can replace your car, but not your kid.

Could be worse. Whey my last car was 1 week old, I had a passenger try to throw up out the window, except most of it went inside the door. I had to take the door apart and get the car detailed.

Wow. Thanks for the responses. I did lay into the daycare the next day. I was firm, to the point that they new I was angry, but professional. Needless to say, they went out and bought a cooled water bottle thingy for outside. You know the ones whre yopun press the button and water comes out the bottom and you have to replace teh big 5 gallon bottle when empty. Of course now, I'm sure tution will go up to compensate for the extra expense.

Kyle

You certainly did the right thing. The other parents should be thanking you for this! :)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived