LegacyGT.com

Finally Moved up to 5th Gen Ownership

I took delivery tonight of a 2013 3.6R Ltd with eyesight, 43,000 miles, venetian red pearl. Nice step up from the 2007 2.5 Ltd. This has to be the most optioned car I've ever owned. I'd been watching the car over the last several weeks as it sat unloved on a Ford dealer's used lot. Drove it a couple weeks ago, but it was rainy and the sales lady along for the ride was really tense, so not an enjoyable experience. After watching the price drop another $900 (to $16K, down from the 18k original price nearly 3 months ago) I decided to go for another drive (alone this time) and ended up bringing the car home.

I'm really happy with the purchase, and am planning to leave for work extra early in the morning so I can take a really long route to work.

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to familiarizing myself with the nav system and other options this weekend, and getting in some drive time (the wife really loves it, and I thought she wouldn't like anything better than our 2011 Forester XT Ltd).

Congrats. I love the 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium with 14,800 miles I picked up a month and a half ago for $13.7k... It was a one owner, local trade-in that honestly looked like it never was driven in snow/rain.

The only newer car I ever took delivery of was my 1995 Trans-Am, but that was because I ordered it with what I wanted and waited 3 months for it to be built (at the time T56 6-speed transmissions were constrained and VERY hard to get).

Hopefully the navigation stereo is better than the 4.3" headunits. They are very limited in bluetooth (you have to program all the phone numbers into the headunit since they will not pass-through to the phone or even download the phonebook from the phone), but the call clarity is outstanding. I just got the USB installed (my Premium didn't come with the 4.3" display headunit, I transplanted a 2014 unit and added in the backup camera, subwoofer output for the factory OEM sub and the USB port in the armrest cubby) and find the display could have been better done to navigate, but it works and sounds great, so I am pleased.

Strange how Subaru's are such a niche auto market. Even though there are a lot out there, it is still a very small subset of the general car market.

Archived