LegacyGT.com

My CarPC Install

blaforce

The weather finally got nice enough for me to get ambitious. The install took most of the weekend but I already had the Aux-in kit installed in the head unit. The double din kit and info relocation kit were for the Japanese model so it took some modifications that I hadn't expected.

http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=2871

CarPCInstall.pdf

Well I spend some time rereading it and I wished that there were a few pics of how you wired the battery, where the GPS unit is, and what's the deal with glove box fan?

Also do you know if it's possible to buy those metal brackets for the screen separate from the double din kit?

I am limited by the size of the pdf upload at 250K so I couldn't include all the pictures. The battery wiring is pretty straight forward. Just crimp a 15 amp fuse holder and then a loop connector on a large gauge power wire. Feed the other end through the firewall by cutting an X in the grommet just to the left of the master cylinder (auto trans only because this is the clutch cover). The wire can then be routed into the radio compartment and on into the glove box.

I didn't install a fan in the glove box but I allow for it to be added in the future, if needed. The GPS is on the back panel but needs to be moved to the roof of the vehicle. I am now noticing receiver drop-off. I will try it on the trunk lid next and see how that works.

I don't think you can buy the brackets separate from the kit. Send the supplier an email.

The GPS is on the back panel but needs to be moved to the roof of the vehicle. I am now noticing receiver drop-off. I will try it on the trunk lid next and see how that works.

I put mine underneath the thrid brake light plastic cover. No issues w/ signal strength. Could be a difference in GPS receivers as well.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Do you think you can show where the metal brackets mount to on the car? I called the rallitek people and they can't part the bezel. So I'm thinking that if I could get a little more info on these metal brackets I could easily make them out of some scrap metal. I'm wondering how crucial the dimensions will be and how much play I can have. If it's something that has to be exact, it might be a lost cause.

looks good.

With regards to GPS receiver location, mine is behind the 3rrd brake light and I noticed that it could be relocated better. It takes a while for it to get signal and looses it rapidly in urban canyons. And also, it detects sats better traveling east to west rather than west to east.

Check out the pictures link in my first post. It shows the inside of the cubby compartment. The first bracket uses the two outside holes and the upper holes farther back.

The GPS seems ok by the 3rd brake light. I think I will move it into the 3rd brake hosing. XM Radio looses reception in some areas but I'm not sure if it's because of the trees up here. I will need to try that on outside.

Check out the pictures link in my first post. It shows the inside of the cubby compartment. The first bracket uses the two outside holes and the upper holes farther back.

Looking at that I might have to make it out of either some plastic or some flexible metal so that it can be bent for adjustments.

Archived