LegacyGT.com

Target Legacy

:mad: :mad: :mad: tuesday my legacy 2.5i suffered a few bumps and bruises as did I.

16 year old girl blew a flashing red light and kissed the passenger side of my car. Front and rear doors, quarterpanal rim tire all done beyond repair. Then the cop says he's not going to place anyone at fault because of confusion at the lights... WTF. I had a green light she had a flashing red. I don't see the confusion there. After she hit me I did a nice 360 smacked a curb with the driver side rear rim and tire. Now get this the insurance comp. is going to repair the car. they said the driver side rim and tire will not be covered as it was my fault I hit the curb. WTF they said because I lost control after she struck my car I am responsible for the additional damage. This is her insurance company btw bc she admitted fault to insurance company. I guess it could be worse my cousin rolled his Explorer exactly one week prior to my wreck and doc's say he will never walk again thought and prayers to him. So I shouldn't complain I'm walking away with a stiff neck, a bruise the size of a basketball on my ribs, and a sad lookin Leggy.

I believe this is the fourth leggy wreck in like two weeks.

Oh yeah nice Gran Prix to drive for free while mines in the shop that ain't to bad either.:icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad:

That thing of the insurance company saying that they wont fix your drivers side damage is BS. Fight that because its just them trying to not have to pay. Tell whoever the claims adjuster that is handling your case to let you speak to his boss, Move up the ladder untill somebody gives u what u want. Dont take no for an answer. It will take some work but they will fix it for you.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

I think all you should have to do here is open a claim up with your insurance company and they WILL go after the other insurance company for the money. If your insurance company denies the claim, then the world is out to get you.....

Fight the claim and make them pay for it all. If she allready admitted fault then all is done and her company has to pay for all damages, stress, and injury not to mention you can't go to work ;) ;) because it hurts to move around because of your neck and bruised ribs so thats like 1-2 weeks of you having to recooperate.

what a ripoff! they dont mind taking our money but when you need them they dont want to pay. similiar thing happened to me on jan 15 we were out to dinner and sitting at stop light and took shot a from a drunk driver running 35 mph.nobody got hurt my kids were in backseat,car can really take a shot from behind at least. lol getting car fixed

I think all you should have to do here is open a claim up with your insurance company and they WILL go after the other insurance company for the money. If your insurance company denies the claim, then the world is out to get you.....

2nd. Of course this assumes you have collision coverage.

Insurance companies are in the business of maximzing the premiums they collect and minimizing the claims they (grudgingly) pay. They're not in business to pay for things, help you, help save cute kittens, etc. even though their lies..uh..commercials suggest that they are. Insurance is mandatory in most states because insurance companies lobby legislatures to make it so, this maximizes their income from premiums.

Make SURE that they repair all damage to your vehicle and if they want you to sign any sort of quitclaim for your injuries, make doubly sure that they pay you enough beforehand to make it worth your while. You don't HAVE to sign a quitclaim for anything, but they'll want you to before cutting you a check for your injuries unless directed to do so by a court.

As far as damage to your car, treat their initial offer like you treat the MSRP on the window sticker of a new car... a place to begin negotiations. They know they're much better off paying you a fair amount and avoiding lawyers, but they also know the vast majority of people are pushovers and will just bend over and take it. Don't be an insurance company statistic!

Don't forget diminished value. Laws vary from state-to-state, but with the kind of damage you're talking about, even with repairs back to a pristine condition, you'll lose money on resale relative to a car that does not have an accident history. 10 - 20% of the value of the car is normal. Even if you do not have DV coverage on your insurance, an at-fault driver's insurance must cover you as if you did. They will whine and complain and intimidate, but if you are persistent, they will indeed pay up.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived