LegacyGT.com

Headlights repeatedly burning out? Post here!

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if you can blame the car for this or if its just the bulb. Someone said that they had the bulb replaced under warranty. If its the original bulb supplied with the car then it should have a certian number of hours it is warranted for. DRLs would force the bulb to be lit all the time, so they should be able to figure out how many miles you should be able to drive without blowing a bulb. I would think 10,000 is on the high end of what is expected, but surely it shouldn't blow before that. I put 40,000 on one set of bulbs in my last car and they were even 9005s in a 9006 slot. ;) They were projector lenses so it didn't blind oncoming traffic, but it sure did put out more light.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I certainly don't blame the car. I'm impressed that they are covered under warranty. If it hadn't been for this site (to know they were covered), I'd of just replaced them and grumbled about how short thier life was.

I had DRL in my last car, and I put 130K on it and never once had to replace any of the light bulbs.

I did an HID conversion like a week after I got the car, so I can't really comment. If its something wrong with the car then I'm sure it will affect the HIDs too. I would just chalk it up to crappy bulbs and get some Silverstars.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Please ONLY post in this thread if you've had a headlight (or four) burn out.

Please note the number of times that you've have your headlight(s) burn out.

Thanks!

had the passanger side burn out twice. The second time though it came back before I had a chance to fix it : /. I replaced both bulbs with silverstars after the first burn out. Didn't care to spend the time going to the dealership for bulbs. Silverstars are awesome, even though the stock light output was good for me to begin with.

• 3 months later...
Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but it seems its nothing new to Subaru's to have their lights go so quick. On my '97 GT I went through both fog lights in under a year, then had them both go again 3 months later. The head lights I had go in 2 months (but I think the bulbs were just shot from the beginning) and then I replaced them with the Silverstars and had one go in 11 months time. I have only had the '97 for just over a year, but when I go into parts stores to buy lights for the car they always say to watch what light you put in the car because Subaru's have weak electrical systems, which leads me to believe now that my stereo system could be the blame for the burnouts. Oh well its true though how often I see an LGT or even a 2.5i with a headlight out, they just go so quick and untimely.

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just lost my driver side at 12k.

Doug

i just got pulled over tonite as well. 12k on my drivers side. going to the dealership tomorrow or monday. sounds like everyone is covered under bumper to bumper

Archived