LegacyGT.com

S402 Badge: Yay or Nay?

JonLGT

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JessterCPA
I don't personally think its any different than putting an STi badge on your car. Neither are available in the states anyhow.

Agreed. But I would do neither one.

OP: Its really a personal preference. I have STi badges on my rota wheels :eek:, trunk, and steering wheel.

My car is also faster than an STi, so I don't have that part to worry about.

I echo the feelings. But then again, we share STI parts - like the engine block. But the S420 ? That's pushing.

:nono: Don't you see what happens when people start misslabling cars!!! Confusion causes CHAOS!!! :lol:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb93/bpotts1/honda_Stang.jpg

Ok guys, I get the point.

You can't really listen to half the people on this forum. Too many people don't know how to form their own opinion and go with the masses. Do what you like, phuck people if they don't like it. Its not like legacygt.com is the know all end all. :)

Guest heightsgtltd

I dunno, I say go for it.

It'a not like you are putting a legacy GT bage on a Justy.

S402 is a version of a Legacy, and IIRC, has a modified ECU and maybe turbo aside from visual differences.

You can't really listen to half the people on this forum. Too many people don't know how to form their own opinion and go with the masses. Do what you like, phuck people if they don't like it. Its not like legacygt.com is the know all end all. :)

I agree.

At this point to answer the OP's question in my opinion the only people who would know what "S402" actully means is another legacy owner, and maybe maybe maybe another Sti or WRX owner.

As far as what do we think...all that matters is do you like the way it looks on your car in the specific location that you will be applying it to.

Personally I think you could label a subaru STi if it's using STi parts, gearset, engine, suspension, etc.

In responce to this message id like to bring up the point of Mercedes and AMG.

You can get a Mercedes with an AMG sport package OR get an AMG Mercedes. You can get an S500 AMG sport package that comes with a few exterior changes to make it look more like the AMG vechicle but not have an actual AMG engine under the hood OR you can get an S55AMG or S63AMG or even a S65AMG which have those exterior trim pieces but have the true meat and potatos under the hood that really make it an AMG vehicle

So this would be like comparing getting a subaru that is a WRX STi with everything that we see on a stock WRX STi, OR getting a subaru with an STi 'sport package' like exterior trm pieces, but in this case we have a better deal becuase in our case STi 'sport package' comes with the MEAT AND POTATOS from the STi... like the engine minus the vf39 and red intake mani.

DO WHAT YOU THINK LOOKS BETTER TO YOU, AND THEN ASK FOR OPINIONS LATER.

Archived