LegacyGT.com

Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

Sorry for the lack of replies guys - I don't have another email, I just haven't had time to reply to them all lately & have gotten further behind on emails than orders. Honest - my mom's emails are even getting replied to late! I will try to do better at least before xmas.

FWIW - the boards came in last week. Orders should be mostly up to date and shipped out except what has come in during the last few days. Expect delays from USPS to start racking up due to the holidays. I may switch to FedEx in the next coming weeks because X-mas delays were very long in some cases last year, up to 5-6 weeks in one case, but I need to get some different supplies to do that & costs will go up a bit.

Korivo - I'm not sure what might have happened in your install. I would try reinstalling it and see if there's static with no device hooked up or maybe a different device if you can borrow a friends iPod or something.

Regarding the new Touch & iPhone3G - the charge cables I'm now selling are compatible with them and basically every other iPod. As far as I know, the old cables should have still provided audio output, even though they don't charge, so I'm not sure why yours wouldn't work Francis.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jazzy, just got my install kit and have a few questions.

Since the new boards have the RCA jacks, should the board be oriented such that the white RCA jack is towards the passenger side of the CD changer when the cable is installed?

Also, where would your recommend grounding the PAC filter? Assuming that's what the two brown wires are for, right?

Thanks,

John

OK, just for those who get the boards with the red and white RCA jacks on them...

The white RCA jack should be on the passenger side and the red RCA jack should be on the driver side when the cables are inserted.

Since the PAC filter brown wires are so short, I just attached them to two of the seven screws that secure the rear cover/heat sink.

Ack. I just got an email back from Jazzy. Here's what he said. I'll have to disconnect the brown wires now.

"Installed, the board should be facing down with the RCA jacks pointed towards the front of the radio...I'm not sure which side the white/red jack is on, but I think that should answer your question.

Regarding the GLI - cut the brown wires off. Attaching them to ground will defeat the purpose of the GLI. They are only there for very old audio equipment that required independent reference grounds to work properly."

Just installed mine. Works great. The instructions were a little confusing about orienting the output towards the passenger side and than I figured that was for the old version. The RCA's point towards the front unless you bend the the patch cables and you don't want to do that . I plugged the GLI into that first and there was just enough cable to route through the radio and out the hole next to the HVAC controls.

I actually just burned a music CD from Itunes and alternated it with the same songs on the Ipod and I can tell no difference. Best $80 I've spent on car audio.

I just installed the PRO iPod kit. with no experience in car audio and wiring, it took 3 hours. I figured out all the power / grounding for the charger (splice them into the cigarette cables of the same color, it's the perfect length)

for those of you who wonder if the pro kit is worth it: YES - it is necessary!

I tested it without and with (just to cheat at install time) and the filter makes the WORLD of difference!

Great instructions DJ Jazzy Jeff!

The Jazzy kit works great! I got it something like a year+ ago...

I do have a question though -- is it possible to upgrade to the new RCA version of the kit w/ the iPhone 3G compatible cable? :) I didn't have an iPhone when I bought the kit, but do now... I want charging back...

The kit looks great. A couple of questions before I order mine:

1) Can someone confirm the charging and audio works with iPhone 3G? (my current home stereo dock does NOT work with the new phone)

2) Do calls come thru the car speakers?

3) Subaru now offers their own iPod integration for '07-'09. Anyone hear of them developing a '05-'06 solution?

Installed the kit last year (ok, a week ago:lol:) and it went easy, very good instructions! The only part that was a little difficult was installing a jack in the armrest. I used it my entire trip to Chicago and back with on issues (~6hrs each way). The "muted" time is maybe a second when the end of the CD is reached, personally not a big deal considering no more using a FM transmitter!!!!!!

One bit of advice for fellow 5eat owners. When removing the trim around the shifter, go SLOW, and don't try it if the plastic is cold. I snapped off two of the plastic retainers when I removed the trim. Some super-glue fixed it, but I was not happy.......:mad:

I got the Pro kit for Christmas. I have to say that it works like a charm. I'm no expert in stereo modifications, but I was able to do this install without too much difficulty. I even figured out how to tie into the 12v switched power and ground wires so that my iPod Touch will also get chanrged in the car! (This part isn't in the instructions yet.)

I emailed Jazzy Engineering and passed along my compliments along with some suggestions for additions to the Pro install instructions. He quickly replied thanking me and saying that updated instructions are in progress.

If you are installing the Pro kit in a 2006 Outback, keep this in mind:

- There are 8 screws holding in the radio, not 6.

- The main wire harness is taped up for neatness. Remove the large piece of black electrical tape to give yourself more slack. The stereo removal can be a lilttle tight otherwise!

- The angle of the RCA jacks on the new aux ribbon adapter is different than the current instructions, which talks about the passenger side of the car, etc. Just make sure not to fold or twist the ribbons too much.

- In the main wire harness, the black wire is the ground and the yellow/red wire is the 12v switched power. I spliced into the middle of each wire and used electrical tape to secure the connections.

I hope this helps some of the newer folks.

Major kudos again for this great stereo mod! Enjoy your installs!

> 1) Can someone confirm the charging and audio works with iPhone 3G? (my current home stereo dock does NOT work with the new phone)

It works with the 1G iPod Touch. I have a 32GB and it works perfectly.

> Subaru now offers their own iPod integration for '07-'09. Anyone hear of them developing a '05-'06 solution?

Nope. No replies from subaru.com and my dealership knows nothing about any plans for pre-07 models.

> 1) Can someone confirm the charging and audio works with iPhone 3G? (my current home stereo dock does NOT work with the new phone)

It works with the 1G iPod Touch. I have a 32GB and it works perfectly.

> Subaru now offers their own iPod integration for '07-'09. Anyone hear of them developing a '05-'06 solution?

Nope. No replies from subaru.com and my dealership knows nothing about any plans for pre-07 models.

05-06 radios have the steering wheel control hookup where the 07- radios have aux input.

bit confused here, was about to order the jazzy kit but i also want bluetooth , how does this parrot kit provide an aux input?

Parrot MKi9200 Color Bluetooth/Music Kit

! And you can connect other sources of music well beyond your phone - there are connectors for an SD Memory card, iPod, iPhone, iTouch, USB dongle, USB MP3 players, Bluetooth Stereo devices, and any AUX input.

i ordered the Pro kit for my 05 and i didnt get the ipod charger even tho it was advertised to be included :mad: i had the day off and couldnt wait to complain and wait for another month for the thing to ship out.....

.. having said that, its a nice put together kit and works well.

Sorry for the delays guys - I don't know if it was the holidays or what, but I've been waiting on parts from my supplier since last year and they finally showed up this week. What I had in stock carried me for awhile, but eventually I ran out. I shipped several orders Wednesday and today - I'm still waiting on cables that should be here today so I can ship out all remaining orders tomorrow.

For those that received shipping notifications Tues night - you should receive your order today. For those that received notifications last night - you probably won't receive your order until Monday. The rest will arrive Monday or Tuesday after shipping tomorrow.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

> 1) Can someone confirm the charging and audio works with iPhone 3G?

NO and YES - the charging does not work, but the audio playback does. When I use my iPhone 3G with the jazzy the phone shows an error "charging is not supported with this accessory."

Kyle "BlackHole"

Sorry for the delays guys - I don't know if it was the holidays or what, but I've been waiting on parts from my supplier since last year and they finally showed up this week. What I had in stock carried me for awhile, but eventually I ran out. I shipped several orders Wednesday and today - I'm still waiting on cables that should be here today so I can ship out all remaining orders tomorrow.

For those that received shipping notifications Tues night - you should receive your order today. For those that received notifications last night - you probably won't receive your order until Monday. The rest will arrive Monday or Tuesday after shipping tomorrow.

no worries, thanks for the update